Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A dark girl Questions a dark God – What made you do it?


A dark  girl  Questions  a dark God – What made you do it?

By
P.R.Ramachander



    I Just saw a posting in face book of my friend Sri  Parthasarathy Krishnan  writing a commentary  on the great song of  Poet Kannadasan  titled “Karumai nira kanna..” IN that song a Girl who has been created as black questions   Lord Krishna (AS black as the water  rich cloud)  as to why  he created her.  I liked the commentary better   than the poem itself  because I always did not understand  why the cursed  colour differences   are created by God in India. Possibly even today  the God will not have the answer . I am first giving the  versified translation of the commentary of Sri Parthsarathy,His commentary in Tamil, My poetic translation of Kannadasan’s song   and then transliterated original song of Kannadasan

I.Why God did you create mr black?

Oh  Krishna
There are none who would want  not to see you,
But  There   are none   who would want to see me
OH Krishna ,
There  are  none who hate you after  seeing you,
But there  are none  who love me   after  seeing me,

Oh Krishna .
It is always   welcome to you,
And always  no entry for me

Oh Krishna
No one can see  my good mind,
But  all of them  only see the colour of my skin,

Oh Krishna ,
The people   to whom I belong hate  to see me  ,
If Woman means prettiness, what am I?

Oh Krishna ,
You are  not worried, for people come to see  you made of rock,
 Was there  any need for  you m, to create me as black.

II .Commentry on song “Karumai nira Kanna” by  Sri Parthasarathy  Krishnan.

கண்ணா----- என்னை பாரேன் !
கருமை நிற கண்ணா-- கிருஷ்ண என்றால் கருப்பு.[ கிருஷ்ண சர்ப்பம் = கரு நாகம்., கிருஷ்ண பக்ஷம்= இருண்ட பாதி மாதம் ]
நானும் உன் நிறம்--- கருப்புதான்--
உன்னை பார்க்காதவர் இல்லை-- என்னை பார்க்க விரும்புபவர் இல்லை
உன்னை பார்த்து வெறுப்பவர் இல்லை--என்னை கண்டு பொறுத்து கொள்பவர் இல்லை.
எனக்கு மறுப்பு---உனக்கு அழைப்பு
என் சக மனிதர் நல்ல மனங்களை கண்டுகொள்ளார்.-கண் காணும் நிற அழகே ஏற்பர்.
என்னைக்கண்டு வெறுப்பர்.- இவர் நடுவே ஏன் படைத்தாய் - அழகு என்றால் பெண் என்றால் நான் யார் ?
- உனக்கு கவலை இல்லை உன்னை தேடி வரட்டும் என சிலையாக நின்றாய்
பொன்னான மனம்-- பூப்போன்ற எண்ணம்- உள்ளே இருக்கு- யார் பார்ப்பார் ! என்ன அவசியம் என்னை படைக்க---உனக்கு-- சிந்தி--- இனியாவது மேலும் .............
கவிஞர் கண்ணதாசனின் கவிதை---என் உரை-- இது பாடல் 2- இரண்டு---
கண்ணா கருமை நிற கண்ணா உன்னை காணாத .........
படம்----- நானும் ஒரு பெண் - அதே சுசீலா அம்மாதானே .மீண்டும் குரல் இனிமை, பாவம் பற்றி கூறவும் வேண்டுமோ---
http://www.bing.com/search…
என் முதல் பாடல் பதிவு--- கங்கை கரை தோட்டம்....கவிஞரின் சிறப்புக்கு- பாடல் மேன்மைக்கு தகுந்த வரவேற்ப்பு இல்லை என சற்று வருத்தமே--
எனினும் தொடர்கிறேன்--- என் ஆசைக்காக- கொஞ்சம்

III.My poetic translation of  “Karumai nira kanna..” By  Kannadasan

Ok Lord Krishna    who is black,
No eye  wants to not see you ,
No one says “no”  to you,
No one sees and hates you,
But  no one can tolerate  me.

Oh Krishna  , you created me  before those who do not like to see me,
Oh Krishna , You gave to me to those people  who see colour and hate,
Oh Krishna, you forgot  to see the clan and made me join with them,
Oh Krishna , you chose a  very good place and sat there as  satatue.

Oh Krishna   , you gave me   a mind which is  golden,
Oh Krishna, inside  that mind   you kept   flower  like thoughts,
Oh Krishna  , you  made all those  in such a way  that no body can see  them,
Oh Krishna, You created  me , possibly for pay off  my debts


IV Kannadasan’s original song


kannaa karumai nira kaNNaa
unnai kaanadha kaNNillaiye
unnai maruppaarillai
kandu veruppaarillai
ennai kandaalum porupparillai

manamparkka maruppor mun padaithai kannaa
niram parthu veruppor mun koduthai kannaa
iNam parthu enai serkka marandhai kannaa
nalla idam parthu silaiyaaga amarndhai kannaa

kannaa...

poNNaana manam ondru thandhai kanna
adhil poo pondra ninaivondru vaithai kannaa
kann parkka mudiyaamal maraithai kannaa
endhan kadan theerkka ennai nee padaithai kannaa

kannaa... 

No comments: