Friday, October 15, 2021

Me and Devi Mahathmyam

Me and Devi Mahathmyam

 

By

P.R.Ramachander




 



  AS a young boy  of 16, I received  a Devi Mahathmyam book  in Malayalam from my father.I was trying to chant it.

 

    It was  at this time , I got admission in Annamalai  university. My eldest mama(periya Mama)/Sri A.P.Naganathan)  was running a hotel  in Vridhachalam which was nearby .

 

  I used  to visit Vridhalachalam often as  I liked  both my  short tempered  Mama  and sweet Mami  very much.

 

   Mama was very devout man and was taught “devi Mahathmyam” by his father  in law   Rama Sastrigal  and used  to chant  it often.He gave me a book and also asked me to join him in chanting Devi Mahathmya. I learned  to chant it extremely well from him.

 

   Later I used to chant it alone in my hostel rooms  and I went to Calcutta  and I came to know that  the book was well known in Bengal  and was called  “Chandi”>along with Nyasa it would take three  hours  to chant  the book  complely

 

  Over years I became  fond of that  book. I Came to know that it could solve any problem in human life.Another peculiarity  of the book is that  there  is a provision  in the book, that it can be chanted  for some one else to solve his problem.It was one of the first  book translated by  me .I did not know at that time  how to make a book of the several  pages I had translated  .A  german devotee  helped  me do it in year 2002

 

   This time  during Navarathri  I chanted   the entire book  ten times remembering my great  Mama

 

  I am sure  Goddess  Chamundi  and my Mama in heaven   would have blessed  me

No comments: