Thursday, January 20, 2022

Mother vs Father

 Mother vs Father

 

This malayalam write up  brought tears in my eyes, Please read

 

Translated  by

P.R.Ramachander

 


One grown  up son asked  his mother”To bring us up like this , who did more sacrifice-You or father?

 

Mother told  “you should have asked  this to your father because, compared  to his sacrifice ,

I have almost done nothing,When we married  each other, your father  was not at all like this.

He has his own interests and   desires, But then on for my sake   and for the sake of you,

Children, he started running.We needed food cloth and medicines  ,You needed  monety for education

If we are like this, it is 100% his sweat”

 

The son then went to his father   and asked the same   question. Father’s answer was  different.

“I do not know how much sacrifice  she did?, Yo bring you up , to make you big , What  she underwent

She never told me  , nor do I know.It is her patience   and spirit of bearing   any thing, that  made  us,

Reach this stage,She said no to all her desires and dreams   for that, for the sake of us,

She undersood my income and spent   accordingly,She never asked me what  she needed but only those ,

she cannot manage  .She was fighting with life  along with me

My sacrifice compared to hers  is nothing’

 

That son told his siblings , “we are the most lucky persons in this world.WE have a mother who recognizes

 the sacrifice of father and a father  who recognizes her sacrifice

We do have a father and mother  , but two feathers  on our golden crown>?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Namaskaram sir.
I am Gowrisankar, one of your big fans. i regularly use your posts on brahmin rituals and astrology.

i am desirous of drafting a sanskrit wedding invitation for my son's marriage.
need your advise on this....

How to represent alias names...
for eg.. how to say in sanskrit what we may put as ...shuba alias Aparajita.

kly help me with a n appropriate usage pl.
thanks, sincerely
gowrisankar@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Namaskarams sir.
can you kly advise me as to jow to correctly write in sanskrit somebody known by two names...

eg. what we would write in English as Rajalakshmi alias Subha.. how to express in sanskrit?
thanks in anticipation
best regards and respects,
Gowrisankar

Padmini said...

touching story...

Padmini said...

touching story...

Saranya said...

Excellent article sir..

MR said...

how can I contact you other than through this blog??