Thursday, October 1, 2020

My Kamalam Mami

 My Kamalam Mami

By

Raja Thatha

 

Long back, when I was  young,

I had to  visit Mumbai  , city of dreams

And  I as usual , went  to Krishna mama’s home

Which   was  very  near  Chembur  Station

 

Mama went   to office  and  me  and Mami went to market

And Mami suddenly   went  near  a hawker ,

Who was  selling   small  mirrors, comb and other things,

Picked   up a mirror and saw  herself

 

Then   she asked  for   kumkum  from the hawker,

Saw  the mirror   and put   a thilak on her forehead,

And gave  both  of them back, saying  not good quality

And  when we  walked  a little  further  smiled and told

 

‘Hey Raja, I neither  needed  the mirror  nor kumkum,

But  I forgot  to  wear  pottu   while   coming  out”

When I started  laughing , mami  told,

“I did not   want to walk back , all the way home”

 

That  day  I enjoyed  it a lot and now  only  I realize ,

That when I was  young  so  was my  very dear  Mami.

As she   was  just  two  years  older than me.

No comments: