Saturday, September 26, 2020

: Raja Thatha Wishes his daughter wishing her all that is best

: Raja  Thatha Wishes  his daughter wishing her  all   that is best


By 

P.R.Ramachander





My  daughter is   the  huge  treasure  of unending affection

But    for   her  , life   would have  been an arid desert

When I say  to her, “Darling I feel like having kheer tomorrow”

Just   as a joke   though   it was not   my or her birthday,

Next day   before  noon , a huge  vessel  of kheer  would be on my table.


When I look   worried, she   understands  something is wrong,

Rushes to my side   and pesters  to tell , “why”

And if  I tell   some silly   reason like  an old man of my age,

She laughs and tells me , “Throw that   silly ball of worry  to me,

I will  make   a pretty   bouquet  of flowers and make  you happy


When I look  slightly sick, Tears  rush  in to daughter’s eyes,

She runs through her memory   brings  some medicine to cure me,

And  if I am not cured, she   will  drive  me   to our  doctor,

And When he   asks  “What  is the problem?,With tears  in eyes,

She tells  him, “My  papa is sick, I am not able  to eat  or sleep?”


Some  one told me  ‘It is daughter’s day   today  , Don’t you wish her?”

I laughed,”though   for  me  there is  no daughter’s day,

Because  , ever   since   she was   born , my life  is Daughher’s life,

And every  moment  of my this elderly  life  , it is my  Daughter’s moment,

I  would  very much  like  to wish , “happy  daughter’s day  for ever, my dear”


No comments: