Sunday, September 10, 2023

My grand father’s cot

My grand father’s cot   

 

By

P.R.Ramachander

 



My maternal grand father  was Sri Ayilur Naganathan Parameswara Iyer .He was a great  Bhaktha of Pazhani Aandavan.and did sizable contribution  to the Annadhana  to Murugan devotees every Thai poosam.Due to this his finances  were affected.During one of those  time, he worked as an assistatant  to forest officer in a near by forest  to Ayilur

During those days once a huge rose wood (veetti)  fell in the forest  and it was shared by all those  who worked in that forest  ,My grand father  made   a cot  with his share.This happened about 100  t years  ago.He  presented  this cot  to my mother  , who was  his youngest  daughter.and  it was with me after joined my job 60 years  back.

 Inspite of my transfers  from place  to place  and home to home , I have been  preserving  this old cot and have been using it,

Though belated  a very happy grand parent’s day 

 

No comments: