Friday, July 19, 2024

The left alone He

The  left alone  He

 

By

P.R,Ramachander

 

(Based on a tamil post

 


Every  year , once  only,

You go to your  mother’s home,

Just  for  two weeks  only

Along with our  darling kids

 

Without you  and  the kids ,

The  home is  without  joy and luster

I  some times do feel,

That I have been  transported to a desert

 

If I try  to boil   the  milk,

For  making  coffee,

The  milk  boils  and ebbs out,

When I am thinking about  the Coffee  you made

 

Seeing   dust  and trash  all over  the home,

I do search for  the broom stick ,

And try to sweep , with no trash removed

But developing pains  in knees and back

 

After  trying  the useless lunch in a hotel ,

And  getting scared of  the great  expenditure

When  I do start  cooking, I forget to put salt

Forget  to swich off cooker , and get into more misery

 

The  hawker  who regularly  supplies  vegetables  to my wife,

Charges  me  double the cost  and gives  me,

Spoiled  vegetables, with  half the  weight

And assures that he gave  same  vegetables  to her

 

When I switch  on the tv  or water  pump.

Or electic stowe  , I forget  to switch off,

And enter  in to deep sleep, awaken,

BY  the terrible sound or the burning smell

 

Getting bored  , without  locking  the door

Without switching  off the gas stowe,

I do  go out, most  of the time

Getting things robbed and Ordering gas cylinder  daily

 

Not being  able  to recognize ,

The  difference between , idly batter  and curd,

The difference  between Bombay  Rava and Sugar,

Most of the days , I sleep  without taking food

 

Even though I daily go and pray  in temple  for her return

When I see  her  at the  door   with jumping  kids.

I do tell her, “every day was heaven when you were absent,

You all could have  enoyed  stay  there for one more month

No comments: