Saturday, February 16, 2019

Raja Thatha writes


Raja Thatha writes



Most  of you  , my friends  , would be knowing about my contributions on  translation stotras  and krithis.You also may   know that  I do  some contribution  about  Brahmin  rituals .
  But most  of you may not know   that  I  am a story teller .Having heard lot of stories  from my father  , I started   telling stories   to other children  at the age  of 5. My father subscribed to Ambulimama  magazine in Tamil   and I was an avid reader  who read  the great stories  and my story telling skills improved  .At the age  of 12, I joined an english medium school and stated reading Grimms fairy tales  , Andersons fairy tales   and by the time  I entered college  , I had completed   reading  most of the english fairy tales as well  as  Ramayana, Mahabharatha, Brihath katha  manjari  , Pancha thanthra   and so on  .Due to this , wherever  I went  , I was  in great demand   as a story teller  .My children did hear   all these  stories and were  my great fan . So after  my retirement when I settled down, my daughter   wanted me to write   as many stories as I could   and she made a  web site out of it. I wrote  about  100  stories  classified as

Animal tales
Magical tales
Folk tales
Royal tales
People’s tales
And
Religious tales

It was her suggestion that  I included my
Rhymes ( indianized English rhymes   as well  as translated Indian rhymes)

 simple  Hindu prayers  for children 

 as well as
 
story like  biography of many great people.
    Even now  wherever I happen to meet  children  or their parents , as soon as  they know  I am their  children’s Raja Thatha, they  call their children   and introduce me to them,
  I really   enjoy  meeting them  and if time is there   tell them stories. You can see   , this aspect of my contribution in 


I invite  my young ald old friend to enjoy them

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Namaskaram. I was searching for a temple town named "Thiruchathi Mutram" and I got your link, as searched by Google.

Its such a great work ("Aakka_poorvam'ana) that you are doing, writing for your daughter as well as enriching the young minds with our rich cultural heritage and slokhas.

I strongly believe that in our culture, there are definite steps and measures one, can take, during troubled times

I wud love to engage with you. You can reach me on rajaamurugan26@gmail.com
Anbudan. Murugan

Unknown said...

Dear Sri. Ramachandra. Pranams and Namaskarams.

I love the work you are doing. I would like to get in connect with you and take some valuable suggestions and measures.

I landed on your page while googling out Thiruchathi_mutram temple town.

Glad to hear that you have been in the art of story telling from a very young age. The epics and stories you have written in your blog are my all time favorites, and does chuckle my humor now and then.

Wishing you best,
Anbudan