Saturday, July 27, 2019

Me and films


Me   and films

By
P.R.Ramachander

Related image

I  want to talk  to you about  an interesting incident in my life
    I   was 13 years  old then. My  father  had  no other option other than selling  our hotel in Secunderabad   and go back   to Kerala . Arrangement was made   with the purchaser of our hotel   for my stay  for one  year   with them.  My local   guardian was  my maternal uncle. I  used to see  lots and lots of  cinema    during that time   and my marks   went down a little ,My uncle who was supposed to sign my progress report refused to sign saying   that, I was seeing too many pictures.The last picture I saw    was Avvayar  in Tamil.
   That day(i was   around 14  that time) , I promised  to my uncle   that  i would not    see any pictures  till  I complete  my education ,I kept up my promise very strictly.  I went to Trichur  , Annamalai University , Calcutta  and Delhi    for my education. I never saw any pictures at all,When I was 23I joined my first job  but I did not see  any pictures. This went on till  I became  30.I was about to get married.Another of my uncles   compelled me   to take  to an english Picture”Three  Musketeers”   when I was  29  . I got married and once in a while  I used to see  pictures  but even today  , the number of pictures   that I see would   be two or  three per year.
    I know  one thing that  my not seeing pictures   during my  college   education days helped me a lot.
My uncle is not with us any more but  I would like to thank him for what he did to me

No comments: