Monday, July 1, 2019

Ode to my Akka, the goddess of Concern


Ode   to my Akka, the goddess of Concern

By
Raja



Not long ago  , I had an elder sister,
Who was   not   born with me  ,
But came   as the greatest  gift,
Of  my marriage, along  with my wife.

She   was  the real good goddess  of concern ,
Always smiling   and always  bothered,
About  the needs  and comfort  of ,
All her family   and all  whom she met.

Her  view  of the  world  was  drenched,
In  affection and love and great  compassion.
She   was  an  amma  for   all her children.
But much, much  more  than their amma  for all her grand children.

I do not    find   words  to describe ,
Her  affection   drenched  with great concern,
To  all the  persons   whom she  met,
And to  the  great dishes  she rolled  out,  day in and day out.

With a pride  drenched  with worshipful  concern ,
She   would  say to me .”do you  know  ,Raja,
That I  am an  SSLC  but  your  co brother,
Had not  completed his  school  final.”

She   was  one  of the greatest  cooks I know ,
Possibly  Bhima  and Nala  would have bowed before her,
I remember  one day   she was very busy in the kitchen ,
And I went   in and asked  her “very busy , Akka?”

She said  that  the previous day  her son    had brought,
Amla morabba   and said  it was great and she was,
Trying to make  Amla  morabba  for him   without,
Knowing the recipe  as  “google search” was not there.

Whenever I happened   to go to Mumbai  those days,
My most  important  place  of visit   and stay  was,
With my  elder  sister   and just  before  Lunch  ,
She will  always  say “I have  made  something  special for you, Raja”

“No  I never  had  to  wait to know what   my  great  Akka  had made,
For I knew  that  On the   day of my first visit , she would,
Always fry, marathangali  Vettal,  for she knew  I liked it,
Akka , I  miss you  , your  mischievous  roll of eyes  and the  Vettal”

No comments: