Monday, August 12, 2019

Are you safe , my darling daughter?


Are  you safe  , my  darling  daughter?

Translated  a great  poem from Tamil
By
P.R.Ramachander





(With news paper   and TV reporting about  that “victim by a gang”  who may be 3  years to 80  years,
Every responsible  male  waits   for  their return with a sinking  heart .)

Just  outside   the delivery room,
When  they said  “Girl baby”
The wetness present  in my eye,
Slowly  descended   to my heart.

No music director   has ever composed,
A tune  , which is similar to
The sound  of her anklets,
And her  pretty , catching , bubbling smile.

The power that I had  in my home,
Got a reduced  by leaps and bounds,
When I begged her, “no hug or kiss to father”
She will  hug me   and kiss me,
And smile    as if  ,she has,
Transferred  all  her property in my name.

That rose   flower of mine ,
Which played with me daily,
Saw me  by the corner of  her  eyes,
Standing  at   the corner of the door,
During the days when she  matured,
As if  the  partition  of the  country  has started.

Till  she returns  daily home  safely,
From any where   she goes,
I would be waiting  like a corpse,
For every second that  I waited,
With a   wailing  mind
And would again  start living,
From  my darling  returns  ,
With  her   usual smile  ,
And  tells me , “Back safely  , papa”


No comments: