Sunday, November 24, 2019

Who am I ?


Who am I ?

By
P.R.Ramachander


        I  am not  a philosopher. I am not trying  to answer whether  I am the body or   the soul

My father was living  in a village  called Chelakkara. He had purchased some land   and one house there.Once he asked ., “Konthe, do you know   who I am ?”
I said  “Ofcourse  ennodu  appa”(ofcourse  my father)
He then brought   the deed  of his purchase  of property    In both  deeds , he was  referred  as

“Para  desi  Brahmanan Puducottu  Rama Pattar  makan     Rama Pattar”  .My father told  he is  legally this  person and I am his son 
Then  he  explained
All  tamil  Brahmins   in Cochin state   were  referred   as  “Para Desi  Brahmanan “ to differentiate   them   from Nambudiris
Then it clearly indicated that my grand father was from a village called  “puducode” and it indicated  that my father   was from puducode,
Then it said we are  “pattars”-  the malayalm   word   for Tamil Brahmins.
I am son of that” Puthucode Rama Pattar,” which name   was changed to “Puthucode  Rama Iyer “when he went  out  of kerala.

Most  interesting thing is in my 80  years  of life  , I have  visited Puthucode  10 times   and have stayed  in Puthucode  for just  3 days

No comments: