Friday, December 20, 2019

Lord Krishna tries to introduce himself to Radha


Lord Krishna tries to introduce himself to Radha

Translated by
P.R,Ramachander

Image result for Lord Krishna knocks at the door

Once   Radha   was in her house   and  the proud Krishna,
Knocked at her door   and she   asked him    from  ,
Behind the door  “Who are   you?”    and Krishna,
Replied  “I am Hari”   and she said  Hari  means ,
Monkey  and you  should   better  go to the forest ”

Then Krishna replied  “Darling   I   am Krishna”
And she said  Krishna  means   “black”
And so you   are a black monkey,
Whom   I am greatly   scared, go away  from here”

Krishna   then told   her  “no darling  , I am,
Madhu soodana” which would mean ,
One   who hunts for honey  and said,
Go to my garden plenty of flowers   there.

And poor  Krishna   not  knowing  ,
What   to do, started   going back  ,
And she  opened   the door  and toldhim,
“Could you not say   that you are my darling”

(कोऽयं द्वारि हरिः प्रयाह्युपवनं शाखामृगस्यात्र किं
कृष्णोहं दयिते बिभेमि सुतरां कृष्णादहं वानरात्।
राधेऽहं मधुसूधनो व्रज लतां तामेव पुष्पान्वितां
इत्थं निर्वचनीकृतो दयितया ह्रीणो हरिः पातु वः॥

Sloka sent to me  by one of my very  scholarly  friends. Thanks to him)

No comments: