Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mile stone 2 of Raja thatha-Translation of Carnatic Krithis written in 7 languages


Mile stone  2   of  Raja thatha-Translation  of Carnatic  Krithis written in  7 languages

 Image may contain: one or more people
I wrote  10 years back

 The second mile stone pertains to my translation of 300 Carnatic music Keetrthanas originally written in five different languages. I am not a musician and not a great pundit in any of the five languages. I am not a musician or  a musicologist.
    I started   these  translations because   , if a musician understands  the meaning, he can add  proper  bhava to his song, Also the person who hears   the song also  enjoys it better, Very large  number  of  great scholars and great  musicians  have  done a great job in this direction

But  today   after  10  years

Though by  now after  10 more years  I have translated 2000 songs(1700 more songs)I can be nowhere near them.Apart from transiting all Krithis (653)  of Thyagaraja , I have translated 69 krithis of  Muthuswamy Dekshithar  , 97 Krithis of oothukadu, 64 krithis  of Purandarqa Dasa, 41  Krithis  of  Panasam  Sivan , 16 krithis  of Narayana theertha  , 40 Krithis  of Mahakavi  Bharathi  , 32 Krithis of Muthaiah  bhagawather, 24  Krithis of Sadashiva Brahmendr, 32 Malayala m krithis  of Prabodha Chandran 17 Krithis of Neelakanda  Shivan, 52  Krithis  of  D.Pattammal  , 26 Krithis of annamayya. 65 Krithis  of  THangam Viswanathan   35 Krithis of Ambujam Krishna . 13 Abhangs of  THukaram , 57 Krithis  of B.Rama Murthy Rao   and many other  composers

  I have translated  the musical drama  ,  Nandanara charitham of  Gopala Krishna Bharathi  . Prahladha  Bhakthi Vijayam and Nauka  Charitham of thyagaraja  and Savithri  Puranam of Neelakanda Shivan
I am being  consulted   for  translation   of  Krithis   suitable  for dance drama  by various  Dance schools  of  USA.More than 24  lakkh  people have visited my web site

 I am a small  fry  in this field

All these  would not have been possible by me.Everything  is the work of God and me as his key board

No comments: