Monday, August 22, 2022

Why Dharma sastha keeps his finger on his nose

 

Why Dharma sastha  keeps  his finger on his nose

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander


 

Once king   of Vijayanagar  visited  a Sastha temple,

Along with Vaishnava  Thathachari   and Appayya Deekshitha,

They all say that lord Sastha was keeping his finger  over his nose

And People there told , if real reason  for that is told, he will remove his finger

 

Then Vaishnava  Thathachari told:-

 

विष्णोः सुतोहं विधिना समोहं धन्यस् ततोहं सुर सेवितोहम्
तथापि भूतेश सुतोहम् एतैर् भूतैर्व्त चिन्तयतीह शास्ता

 

Vishno suthoham , Vidhinaa  samoham

Dhanyas thathoham  , Sura  sevithoham

Thadhaapi  bhoothesa  suthoham, yethair

Bhoothair vruthas chinthayatheeha  sasthaa

 

I am son of Vishnu  , equal to lord  Brahma

Because of it I am honourable  And I am served  by devas

And also I am son of Lord Shiva,  the  lord  of the Bhoothas

And so I am surrounded by  Bhoothasand so Sastha  is thoughtful

 

Appaya  Deekshitha  told  :-

 

अम्बेदि गौरीम् अहम् आह्वयामि पत्न्य पितुर् माता एव सर्वः
कतम् नु लक्ष्मीम् इति चिन्तयन्तम् शास्ताराम् ईडे सकलार्थ सिद्ध्यै

 

Ambethi Gaurim  Aham aahvayaami

Pathnya  pithur   mathara  yeva sarvaa

Kadham nu Lakshmim   ithi    chinthayantham

Saasthaaram  eede sakalartha sidhyai

 

I call  goddess  Gauri  as my mother,

Because wife  of father is mother to all

And I am thinking   Ihow I will address  Mahalakshmi

(who happens   to be  the wife of my mother)

And The God satha grants  all occult  powers

 

Lord Sastha   took the finger from his nose  and the king was greatly satisfied

No comments: