Monday, August 22, 2022

A poem to father

 

A poem to the father

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


A mother  would make  me feel  ,

Her  affection  in many many ways,

But father would  make you feel,

Just  by pressing  your hand.

 

He has  never told me  before me,

I have heard it only  from others

That  he feels very proud of me ,

And has  found  no words  ,

To tell  how  much he loves  me

 

Though   mother  has scolded ,

Me umpteen times , I never felt about it

But once  my  father’s  face fades,

It has  touched me a lot  immediately

 

Only when all my friends  tell me

“Do you know  how great is your father?”

Then only  I did  realize that ,

I have got a father , that,

No one else  has got

 

Possibly  God has  sent father,

To immediately  fulfill  even,

A speck of your  desire.

 

What  would  my father , who has,

Taught  me how  to walk   and live,

Thought   when , I provided  him,

Support  to walk , due to his age .

 

Whenever  people  have asked me  ,

“are  you pet of father  or pet of mother?”

I had told them  with  great pride,

Father’s pet , who was mother’s pet”

But today  after  he  has left  me ,

Whose  pet I am?

 

Though millions  tell me ,

“I am there  for you,

Who ever  can ever support ,

Me  like  my father?’\

 

He never told me  to do anything

He   has never , ever  scolded me even once

He never   told me  not to do ab=nything,

But by some thing , his face controlled me”

 

I have  never showed,

Nor has  he showed,

Our  affection to each other,

But to wipe  away  the flowing tears,

Which heralds  it to all,

My  father  is no more there.

 

Show  yor affection to father,

And your unending love  to your mother

Today itself,

For after   some times  ,

He may not be there to hear it.

 

(thanks to blog http://salemdistpress.blogspot.com/)

No comments: