Friday, January 25, 2019

My mother land is greater than Heaven to me


My mother  land is greater than Heaven to me

By
P.R.Ramachander



Here  are  two great sayings  ,supposed   from  Valmiki Ramayana( It does not appear  in  the version I have  translated)

Sage  BHaradwaja   tells

मित्राणि धन धान्यानि प्रजानां सम्मतानिव |
जननी जन्म भूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी ||

Mithrani Dhana  Dhaanyaani  prajaanaam sammathaniva,
Janani   Janma  Bhoomischa   swargadhapi   Gariyasi

Though   friends ,wealth and grains are  greatly  honoured by people,
Mother  and mother land    are  greater  than  even heaven

Lord  Rama   tells  to Lakshmana

अपि स्वर्णमयी लङ्का मे लक्ष्मण रोचते |
जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी ||

Api swargamayi   Lankaa  na may  Lakshmana  Rochathe,
Janani  Janma  bhoomischa   Swargadhapi  Gareeyasi

Even  the lanka   filled    with gold    does not appeal to me
Mother  and mother land    are  greater  than  even heaven

   I am 100%  in agreement with these  .I did not  find any appeal  in “Golden  America” and to me  my motherland  is greater than heaven

No comments: