Friday, February 28, 2020

Old age- A hindi poem


बुढापा  Old age

Hindi poem
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(The  text of hindi poem below my translation.)

In the early morning,
Some body knocked at my door,
I suddenly got  up and went,
And opened   the door,
And there  old age was standing
And from coming   inside,
It stood there  adamantly

I said,
“No brother,
Not now
After all   what is my age now”

He laughed  and told

Do not  make  an unnecessary effort,
Stopping  me   is not agreeable

I told ,
Now   allow me some more time,
Till now,
I have lived for myself,
Now cleverness  has come,
So for some time  ,
For   sake of others  ,
Allow  me live with my friends”

Old age  laughed   and told,
“If that  is the matter,
Do not get worried,
Your   age   will keep on increasing,
But old age   will not come

As long as you live for sake of others,
Along with your   friends,
You will   receive   youth

“So friends from today  onwards,
Do not   get worried about  increasing age
Start   living   from today ,
To others   as well as your friends,
And make   your old age  in to youth”

Provide   help to others,
And   arrange  entertainments    to your friends

As long  as  you live  ,
Live  as a young man

FOREVER
YOUNG & HAPPY



बुढापा   old age
 ——-

सुबह सुबह किसी ने
 द्वार खटखटाया
मैं लपककर आया
जैसे ही दरवाजा खोला
तो सामने बुढ़ापा खड़ा था
भीतर आने के लिए
 जिद पर अड़ा था..

मैंने कहा
"नहीं भाई!
अभी नहीं
अभी तो मेरी उमर ही कया है..''

वह  हँसा और बोला


बेकार कि कोशिश ना कर
मुजे रोकना ना मुमकिन है


मैंने कहा
".. अभी तो कुछ दिन रहने दे,
अभी तक
 अपने ही लिए जीया हूँ ..
अब अकल आई है
तो कुछ दिन
दूसरों के लिए और
दोस्तों के साथ भी जीने दे..''

बुढ़ापा हस कर बोला
"अगर ऐसी बात है
तो चिंता मत कर..
उम्र भले ही तेरी बढ़ेगी
मगर बुढ़ापा नहीं आएगा,

तू जब तक दूसरों के लिए और
दोस्तों के साथ जीएगा
खुद को जवान ही पाएगा..''


तो दोस्तों चलो आजसे ही
बढ़ती उम्र का लुत्फ़ उठाइये
दूसरों और दोस्तों के लिए
जीना सुरु करे
और अपने बुढ़ापे को
जवान बनाए


दुसरो को सहायता करे और
दोस्तों की महेफिल सजाते रहे


जब तक ज़िंदा रहे
जवान रहे



No comments: