Thursday, December 28, 2017

My grand daughter who is a poetic genius-Raja Thatha

My grand daughter who is a poetic genius-Raja  Thatha

Maithree  Venkatesan is my  grand daughter .I am extremely proud of her  because  she is a thinker  as well as poet .I am below  two poems , the first one written by her  when she was  eight years old  and the second one  nine years later.You can see  that she was  a  budding thinker then and accomplished  thinker now




The butterfly park

By

Maithree Venkatesan

(This poet is only eight years old and is my grand daughter: Raja Thatha)

I once went to a butterfly park,
And was greeted by dogs, ready to bark,
With many pretty little butterflies,
Flittering around the sky.

Two little butterflies came and sat on me,
I laughed and smiled, shining with glee.
We watched a film, which told us about butterflies,
In which I learnt how butterflies fly.

Finally it was time to go,
The butterflies said “Hi” though!
I said ‘bye” and turned around the bend,
My little trip came to an end.


A Fish out of Water

BY MAITHREE VENKATESAN

Sometimes, I feel like a goldfish. 
Watching the sun rays race through the illusioned glass,
To shimmer like the love I desired. 
Swimming around in a pool of necessity,
I am confined by walls of unrequited sight, 
As the world watches me watch them. 
Sometimes, I feel like a goldfish, 
Stuck in a solitary bowl, void of echoes.
'Build bridges, not walls', they all told me,
But my bridges had been burned down a time too many. 
And so I chose to put up these walls instead. 
My teary eyed reflection hears,
But walls seldom listen.
She's my sole companion,
A figment of the other half I so desire,
My necessity. 
Sometimes, I feel like a goldfish. 
And so, I brought one home today. 

The world would have two less lonely hearts. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
A suburb called Mangere of Auckland New Zealand has a Butterfly park.
It contains many butterflies but in a controlled environment.
Auckland can be quite cold during our winter months( July to September)
Is your grand-daughter's poem about a similar park where she lives?
Regards
Venkatram
Auckland