Saturday, March 30, 2019

Meppathur’s Naivedhya to his Kochu Guruvayurappan


Meppathur’s  Naivedhya  to his Kochu  Guruvayurappan

By
P.R.Ramachander



(Based on what  I read in Whatsapp.Thanks  to original author)

The day  the great  Mepathur   wrote  “ayur-Aroghya-Soukhyam”
And completed   his   great book   as an offering  to Guruvayurappan,
He   wanted   to offer   something else   to his Lord  as Naivedhyham,
The special   offering, where we say “what I give is not mine”

He  asked   the little  one who was  doing   all sort  of mischief,
“Dear Child  , What  do  you want?”  and that child  laughed,
“Till now   I was asking   you that   question     and always ,
You used   to ask me  for freedom from disease  afflicting you”

“Okay, I like  immensely   the   paal payasam  offered in this temple.
And why don’t  you offer   me that?” ,Meppathur was dumb,
And shook   his head   to tell  the child ,I cannot afford”
“Oh said the child , please  offer me  some Jaggery  and Avil(beaten rice)”

Meppahur replied  “For the past   100   days  , I was very sick  ,
And  could not earn anything and now I  am very  weak  ,
And do not have   even that   to offer to you, My Swami”
And the child laughed , “Okay offer  me  little butter  that I like”

Meppathur   replied, :Oh Swami   you know  I do not have ,
Even that”   and the little  mischievous   one    told him,
“I understand   that also, Give me a thulasi leaf and some water”
Meppathur  said “Oh Lord  , how can I  , when I cannot  move?”

The  mischievous one said, “possibly your legs  ,
Are  paining and I have decided   to get satisfied,
With one drop  of your tear  , when you   will  cry,
Just now   saying “Oh God  , I cannot offer you anything”

Meppathur   wailed and cried  and cried  and cried,
And shed   tones of tears  and  the black baby  ,
Walked  out from his temple  , came  near him and told,
Never ever  can any one  offer a better Naivedhya than this.”



1 comment:

Narayan said...


RADHE KRISHNA,
Yes, this is indeed the best Naivedyam one can ever offer to my Guruvayurappan.