Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Devi Mahathmyam and me –a bond of Sixty seven years

Devi Mahathmyam and me –a  bond of Sixty seven years

      Right  from child hood  I was  interested in Hindu prayers. The first  prayer  that  I learnt   with meaning was sri  Krishna Karrnamrutham, because my Father  was extremely fond of that  book.Ilater learnt to chant Vishnu  Sahasranamam and Lalitha Sahasra namam

  When I was  17 , I got  admission in  Annamalai university. My eldest uncle (Sri A.P.Naganathan was running a hotel in Vridhachalam,.It was one hour journey  from Chidambaram And I used to go almost  every month  to be with my Mama , mami , their one son and three  cute daughters.I became very close to them all.I do not how many times they left “Kai(will not speak) “  and how  many times made it Pazham

My mama was extremely religious,His father in law , one rama Sastri  of Palghat  taught him, how to chant Devi Mahathmyam.Daily   after lighting lamp, he used to chant  few chapters.Since I had also a book , I joined  him whenever I visited them.Seeing I was chanting well , Mama taught me the meaning of slokas and How  to chant that great book. Every navarathri , my Mama  would  do parayana of the entire book.Every Navarathri , I used to go  and join him.

When this Navarathri  I daily chanted  the complete  Book in the mornings and chant Lalitha Sahasranamam  in the evening .Every day , my eyes used to fill up  thinking about my very affectionate Mama and Mami and Sivan, Lalitha , Gita and Parvathi who used to make my life  a real heaven

I am sure  My Mama  would  be blessing his own Raja , Raja Thatha






No comments: