Friday, October 20, 2023

The unalterable affection

The unalterable  affection

 

By

Mu.Mubarakh

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


She who taught me,
who was stammering

To speak properly

 

She who taught  me

Who was stumbling while walking,

To walk majestically like a king

 

Knowing that I will not tolerate hunger,

She who feed me  the last morsel,

That she had kept for her

 

She who controlled  others,

Who jeered  at me that I am black,

By the great weapon of affection

 

She who did not use gold,

To dress herself up ,

But mortagaged it,

And used it for my studies

 

During festival days ,

When she used to buy new dress for me,

She who hid the hole  in her cloths and lived

 

She who considerered me as her  soul,

Though she had very many dear relations

 

She who used to get deeply upset,

When I get fever,

After  getting drenched in rain

 

She who lived thinking about me,

In whichever place I lived

 

Though time can change  ,

Each  and every thing ,

Some how it is not able,

To change  only mother’s affection

 

திக்கி திக்கி பேசிய என்னை

திக்காமல்

பேசக்கற்றுக்கொடுத்தவள்,

தட்டுத் தடுமாறிய படி

நடந்த

என்னை

கம்பீரமாய் நடக்க வைத்தவள்,

பசி தாங்கமாட்டேனென

தெரிந்தும்,

தனக்காய் மிச்சமிருந்த

கடைசி

உணவையும் பறிமாறியவள்,

கருப்பென

கேலி செய்தவர்களை

அன்பென்ற ஆயுதம் கொண்டு

அடக்கியவள்,

தங்கத்தை

அலங்காரத்திற்காய் பயன்படுத்தாமல்

என்

படிப்பிற்கான அடமானத்திற்காய்

பயன்படுத்தியவள்,

பண்டிகை நாட்களில்

புத்தாடை வாங்கும் போதெல்லாம்

தனது கிழிந்த ஆடையை

மறைத்து வாழ்ந்தவள்,

எத்தனையோ

உறவுகளிருந்தாலும்

உயிராய் கொண்டாடியவள்,

மழையில்

நான் நனைந்தால்

காய்ச்சல் வந்ததாய் துடிப்பவள்,

எந்த ஊரில் நான்

வாழ்ந்தாலும்

என் நினைவில் வாழ்பவள்,

காலம் எல்லாவற்றையும்

மாற்றிவிட்டாலும்

அம்மாவின்

அன்பை மட்டும் மாற்ற முடியாமல்

தோற்றுப் போகிறது!

மு.முபாரக்

No comments: