Monday, October 16, 2023

My Meera,

My  Meera,

 

By

Her Appa

 



Fifty  years back  one  day, I got a daughter,

And  though we  named  her  Abhirami  ,

We decided  to call  her our  dear “meera”

She  was  the last  grand  child  to my in laws

 

She   grew  up  in to  a little  treasure of affection,

And  I considered  her  as  my  sweet  little mother,

AS she  had  the  independence   to correct  me,

Shout at  me and  knew  all that  I want  and  was one  who gave  them  to me

 

She  used to easily  recognize  when I  was sad,

And  used to   wipe  away  my tears

And  tease , shout  , smile  and laugh

Till I  lost my  sorrow and start  smiling

 

It   was  with great reluctance  that  she left us,

But  her huband  , who is an epitome of virtues

Felt  that  more  than  all who  he could earn

What  was  more important  is to look after his  parents

 

She  came  back  with   satisfaction  , that  she could ,

Look   after   both of  us  and   enjoyed pumping  affection,

In to us and  when I saw  that  to look  after  us,

She  needed   to travel a  lot, I came to place where she lived

 

She  gave  us  two  epitomes  of sweetness ,

For  us    to play , tell stories  and cook for them

If both  of us oldies  are  normal to day ,

It  is  because of meera and her Maithree  and Goldie

 

She  saw  us  still  getting  older  and felt,

That  she  should  live  still closer  to us

So that  she could  pour  tonnes  of affection                                

And look   after  us  as well as possible

 

So  both  of  us are not moving  to an old age home,

But   to the  “sneha  sadana    that meera  wants us to live

So  that  her  dear  and  very  dear  parents,

Would  be under  her  great  care

 

When the  ocean of  nectar of affection  Meera

Is  hitting  half  a centaury  of her  life,

All  that this  old  old  father  can say  to her is.

“Oh my meera, My affections to you is till my last  breath.   

 

 

No comments: