Thursday, October 5, 2023

Me and DR.MS swaminathan

 

Me and  DR.MS swaminathan

By

P.R.Ramachander

 

Many people do not know that  DR.MS Swaminthan was  a Palalakkad  Iyer like me.He was from Monkombu, kerala.His father  who was a doctor  was practising in Kumbha Konam and he was born there

It was  he who was  the prime seed  of Green revolution in India.He had a phenomenal memory   and used to remember  every one including class IV staff in every institute he visited

Humble  me had once interaction  with him

Once I was working in IARI  sub station , Coimbatore ,They arranged  dor a seminar in which   DRMs was to preside. Being a young scientist , I was very nervous. I presented my paper shivering all  the time.

After my talk , I went slightly away so that no one could notice me

After lunch  DR.MS  came in search of me and told me, your presentation of superb,Before leavingI wanted to tell you

I was elated  and from then on, I gave umpteen presentations, Which every one appreciated

With tears  I acknowledge it was due  to that word of MS

Oh great  soul , who made  millions of people not starve , You would great Moksha  and forever  be in heaven






No comments: