Thursday, October 5, 2023

Raja Thatha Wishes his daughter wishing her all that is best

Raja  Thatha Wishes  his daughter wishing her  all   that is best

 

BY

Raja  Thatha

 


My  daughter is   the  huge  treasure  of unending affection

But    for   her  , life   would have  been an arid desert

When I say  to her, “Darling I feel like having kheer tomorrow”

Just   as a joke   though   it was not   my or her birthday,

Next day   before  noon , a huge  vessel  of kheer  would be on my table.

 

When I look   worried, she   understands  something is wrong,

Rushes to my side   and pesters  to tell , “why”

And if  I tell   some silly   reason like  an old man of my age,

She laughs and tells me , “Throw that   silly ball of worry  to me,

I will  make   a pretty   bouquet  of flowers and make  you happy

 

When I look  slightly sick, Tears  rush  in to daughter’s eyes,

She runs through her memory   brings  some medicine to cure me,

And  if I am not cured, she   will  drive  me   to our  doctor,

And When he   asks  “What  is the problem?,With tears  in eyes,

She tells  him, “My  papa is sick, I am not able  to eat  or sleep?”

 

Some  one told me  ‘It is daughter’s day   today  , Don’t you wish her?”

I laughed,”though   for  me  there is  no daughter’s day,

Because  , ever   since   she was   born , my life  is Daughher’s life,

And every  moment  of my this elderly  life  , it is my  Daughter’s moment,

I  would  very much  like  to wish , “happy  daughter’s day  for ever, my dear”

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to read the words of a loving father and loving daughter

Anonymous said...

Both of you are very lucky to have each other. Wishing you both lot of happiness