Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Two gems that he received


Two  gems  that he received

Transcreated by
P.R.Ramachander

Image result for two great gems

(Based on a tamil write up quoted by   my friend  Kumar Ramanathan)

One gentleman    went to the  used car shop,
And purchased   a car   that   he liked.
Brought it home  and was getting it cleaned,
And to his surprise . he found a small bag of costly gems.

He took back the gems   to the original   owner of the car,
Who was surprised to recive  the packet of gems  ,
That was lost by  him a year back   , thanked the gentleman
And told him, Ëach of these gems  can be use  to buy a new car”

“I am  terribly taken aback   by   your great   honesty ,
Please take any two gems   out of these for yourself,”
The gentleman ansered , “When I  returned  these to you,
I have already  received two gems, “my honesty and myself respect”

He further   said , “To be honest   is not at all  difficult,
But to be honest   against offer of great temptations is difficult,
I am satisfied   and happy  with   the old car   of yours,
Because  I proved  to myself, that my honesty cannot be purchased by gems”

No comments: