Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Humble lunatic request to the mother of the world


Humble lunatic request to the mother  of the world

By
Sri Kumar  Ramanathan

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander



 Does   the lotus hesitate  to grow ,
In a slushy mud  feeling  it would become  dirty?
Oh mother  , then why do you  hesitate ,
To keep   your lotus like feet  on my head.   

Oh mother  of the universe  who wore  the moon,
Without  bothering to see the stain in it,
Even though you  consider me unsuitable,
Please keep your divine feet on my  Head.

Oh  Shyamala  , who made a  foolish wood cutter,
In to one  of the greatest poets ever,
Without bothering  to see my suitability,
Please keep your lotus feet   on my head.

Oh great lady, who searched, loved  and married,
A beggar  wearing animal hide  and living  in cremation ground,
I, the great ignoramus came  in search of you,
Please gave  me alms  of great   wisdom


No comments: