Sunday, October 28, 2018

I have become a senior citizen


I have   become a senior   citizen

By
P.R.Ramachander

(On the  day  after  our   sixtieth  birthday, they say we are  senior citizen .I  think that   they are  telling us not that  we are old and that   we are bald or our hairs are grey  , but they are  telling us that  we have fully ripened   and are  mature  in our  actions and thoughts  .What I have   written is based on a tamil write up  about  senior citizens   and most of it   suits me  but what my other   senior citizen friends.)




I  have   become   a senior citizen ,
Because  I have  started  loving myself,
And  Because  I realize that   the world  will rotate ,
Even when    I   am no more  there

I   have become   a   senior citizen  because  ,
I  do not bargain    with hawkers ,
I do not ask for change from  auto drivers,
And I am happy   that  I am able to remember  the past.

I have   become a senior citizen because  ,
I do not  find mistakes   in what others say,
I am not bothered about the dress I wear,
And I avoid  being with people   who do not respect me.

I have become a   senior    citizen   because ,
When others create problems  based on me  , I keep quiet,
When I feel some thing  , I  do tell it   without  bothering on others,
And I   give up my pride   for the sake of friendship.

I have become  a senior    citizen because  ,
I  realize  that any day from now on could be my last,
I live   for  my happiness   in life and I understand,
That  I am totally responsible for  my happiness  not any one else

1 comment:

Agaramaangudi Jayaraman said...

namaskaarams
beautifully conveyed