Friday, May 31, 2019

Offering to Kochu Guruvayurappan


Offering to  Kochu  Guruvayurappan

By
P.R.Ramachander



(Posted in Tamil by many people in face book   and outside .Thanks to all of them)

Once  Mepathur asked  baby Guruvayurappan sitting near
“Oh God , which offering   do you like most?”
With a smile   Guruvayuappan replied  to him,
“Ofcourse  Ghee payasam made with Ghee and Jagggery”

Meppathur   asked him , “suppose  I cannot afford”
God replied “No problem  give me beaten rice  and Jaggery”
Meppathur  asked the God again , “suppose I cannot afford”
God said “Ok , butter or  bananaor  milk or curd  please”

Meppathur said, “I God , I do not have them  with me”
God said, “a leaf   of Thulasi    and uddarani water”
Meppathur   with tears in his eyes  told, “I do not have them”
The God  laughed loudly  and told, “One drop of your tear , please”

Meppathur c wept and wept  , fell at  the feet of God,
Made  the God’s   feet wet   with his flowing tears,
And Guruvayurappan   blessed  him   and said,
“No other offering , is greater  than this.”


No comments: