Monday, October 16, 2017

Do not make family wait , says dead mother to her son

Do not make  family wait  , says dead  mother  to her son

By
P.R.Ramachander



(based on a write up in Whatsapp.Thanks to the original author)

One day Malini’s husband   too her to an ice cream parlour
And Malini asked her husband ,”I wanted to ask you something”
“Go ahead “ her  husband told  and she asked “There is some change in you,
You come d from office  early, help me  by sharing  umpteen items of my work,
And more that  , I feel  recently you have   become   very close   to me.How come”

And he replied, “Dont be silly  , I have not changed   a bit ,”
Malini seriously asked, Dont hide, Have you fallen in love  with some one else?
And is your sudden behaviour change    due to guilt ?”
He  felt sad and he opened his diary took out a paper  and gave it to her and said “Read”

She opened   and found that  it was a long letter  from his mother ,
Addressed  to him  and she said  in it , “I am writing  this long letter,
When I was  a wife to your father   and I know  it is very long,
But please  do read it   with attention  for I want to tell you.”

“When I married your father   , I was a professor  in a college ,
But after you were born, your father  started becoming  very lucky,
And  got  completlly immersed  in his  real estate  business,
And as per his wish, I resigned my job, to look after the  house.”

“Your father  got drowned  in the dream of earning  more and more money,
And after this my life instead  of pleasure   was filled  with nothing but waiting,
He used to go very early   and come very late  and you and your sister  were  my only friends,
Then you  both started  going to school and I used to wait for you  to come back.”

“After you return   you both  would tell the story of  day to day  happenings,
IN the school   and as a teacher , I knew   that  more than half were lies.
You  both further grew up   and slowly you found that  you have nothing  to tell to me,
Then you started going out  and when you would be back, only God knew  and I would wait.”

“Then t your father became sick  and I had to look after  him,
I used to give physiotherapy   and then I   was forced  to wait,
AS he was  not in a mood to speak  to me  and then one day,
WE gave your sister  un marriage and then I had to take permission to talk to her,”\

“You took up the  business  of your father  as he was often sick,
And even then he  never  used to speak to me  , He  used to read,
He used  to eat  and he used   to sleep as  he had never knew,
On what aspect he should talk to me  and thus I lead my silent life.

Whenever  I used to go out  , I used to notice  this longing ,
Of Companionship in the eyes of ladies as old as  me,
And I used to see  young ladies  talking without stop to their husbands,
On the  holidays when they used to come out  as they knew ,
That  for one  more session of talk  , they have to wait  for six more days.

You must be wondering , why I am telling   all these  to you,
I failed with your father as he never heard what I talked ,
Even when I was alive  I was not able to tell    all this to you,
As you were busy like your father and thought That I was wasting your time.

So after  my death  I wanted   you to hear  all that I wanted to tell,
You have a wife and a daughter   who are   waiting   to you at home,
You do not know hiw much your sister  loved   your father  ,
But at the time she   was ready to show it , he was bedridden.

He was so busy that  no one her school knew that he was her father,
All her dreams    of visiting various places  along with her father   were sgattered,
And when he wasa bed ridden and had  only time   with him,
She was not able to talk with him, as she  had gone to her husband’s home  .

Please for god’s sake do not  punish   your daughter like that,
So not make your wife   write a similar  letter to her son,
You have sufficient money    to lead   a peaceful life.
And in fact what you have saved is   suffeceint for you three  for the rest of your life,

You are struggling in your office  to make more and more money,
So that    you will leave  lot of money to your children,
I have a humble request   do not blow more air  in to the balloon of your dreams,
Come back early , give time to your wife and daughter,
Because  it is an unspeakable   to make others  wait   .

Though it was a posh parlour  , his wife was sobbing ,
She knew   that  the torture  of waiting  is over for her,
She knew  that  her husband has realized  that he has erred,

And she thanked her late   mother  in law   for that,

No comments: