Saturday, October 28, 2017

Failure is not forever

Failure   is not forever

By
P.R.Ramachander





(Based on a tamil post  imn KM s  time line. Posted by  Sridar Nambi  Thanks to him)

I had  visited a yard where   elephants ,
Are maintained   by human beings like us  ,
And I found that   only a thin rope  was,
Used to tie the elephant   to the posts.

Wondering why they are  not easily,
Breaking the rope    and running away ,
I asked the person in  charge  my doubt,
He smiled and showed me some elephant calves.

I noted that   they were also tied   by the same,
Type of rope   and being small , they would never,
Be able to break the   rope    and run away ,
And I was told , “They have tried but failed”

When these  calves grow up   we still tie,
Them with the same rope but since  ,
The one time failure    is well within their mind,
They feel they cannot  and never  try to be free.

If like those   elephant calves, once we fail,
We think that we would  always   fail  and never ever try,
We would never   ever   be able   to that   again,
Teaching us    with no confidence   we would  always fail.


No comments: