Sunday, May 13, 2018

Oh mother


Oh mother

Poem by
Kumar  Ramanathan

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander



(My friend Kumar Ramanathan  writes great poems.Here is one   written by him for mother’s day)

Oh mother
I did not   kick you  fron ,
Inside your womb,
Not to give pain to you.
But living there for eight months,
I wanted to see   your face.

As A baby I did not cry  because  of hunger ,
But I wanted to kiss your heart,
Acting as if I am drinking  your milk.

In the school , I did not cry out of fear,
But due   to scare ,
Of getting parted    from your affection

As a lass  I did not cry,
Upset by love  ,
But  due to scare  that marriage ,
Would part me  away from you

I did not cry while   getting up  in the plane ,
Feeling that I am parting from you,
But it was a  cry of joy   with a feeling ,
I would earn money and  see you  again  with my money

I am crying  here alone  ,
Not because  I do not have relations,
But mother,
Because I am not  seeing your affection

After   your death  I will cry, not because  of your death ,
But because   the death of your affection

If I die before you mother  , do not cry,
Because my next birth  would be as your mother



அம்மா!!
உன் கருவறையில் நானிருந்து
உதைத்தது--உன்னை
நோகடிக்க அல்ல,,,
எட்டு மாதமாய் சுமக்கும்--உன்
முகம் பார்க்கவே.

பிஞ்சு வயதில் நான் அழுதது,, பசியினால் அல்ல,,
பால் குடிக்கும் சாக்கில்--உன்
இதயத்தை முத்தமிட..


பள்ளியில் என்னை சேர்க்கும்போது--நான் அழுதது பயத்தினால் அல்ல,,
உன் பாசத்தை பிரிகிறேனோ,,
என்ற பயத்தினால்...

இளமையில் நான் அழுதது
காதலில் கலங்கி அல்ல,,
கல்யாணம் உன்னிடத்தில் இருந்து--என்னை
பிரிக்குமோ என்ற பயத்தினால்..

நான் விமானம் ஏறும்போது அழுதது--பிரிகிறேன் என்றல்ல,,நான் உழைத்து உன்னை
பார்க்கப்போகிறேன்--என்ற
ஆனந்தத்தில்..


இங்கு தனிமையில் அழுகிறேன்,,
உறவுகள் இல்லாமல் அல்ல
உன் தாய் அன்பு காணாமல்..
அம்மா!!!

உன் இறப்பின் பின் நான் அழுவேன்-நீ இறந்ததால் அல்ல,,
உலகில் பாசமே இறந்ததால்..


உனக்கு முன் நான் இறந்தால்,,,அம்மா--நீ
அழவேண்டாம்--ஏன் என்றால்
மறு ஜென்மாம் நீயே என் பிள்ளை..

No comments: