Saturday, June 11, 2016

Drowned in the Whats-app well , where is my real world?

Drowned in the  Whatsapp well  , where is  my real world?

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander




(This  tamil poem posted by Hamsabai Santhana Krishnan made  me think deeply .Are we going away from the world which we love and which loves us , getting drowned in the Whatsapp well ?
   The  tamil text is given after  my translation. The credit  for the title is mine and I have made  minor  modifications in my translation so that people would understand .)

I was  unable to see ,
The faces of those  who were in my front,
I was not able to understand  the thought,
Of those who were laughing behind me,
With bent head  I travel everywhere,
Touching the screen ,
My world is in my  palm ,
My cell phone became my sweet heart and,
The wife whom I married  went far far  away,
Close family members and relations   in the  “Family”  group,
Friends   and their friends in the “Friend” group,
I started   getting drowned  in whatsapp well  ,
After the dusk  when the   hen  crowed,
And before hearing   the sound of the cock,
I forgot the spring called realty in  its own Shawdow

Birth day wishes   to all  and sundry , condolences to some unknown’s death ,
When some one sends me a message “Hi”,
I wrote back to them “hai”,
But when the son who was my own  called me  “papa”,
I lifted my eye brows   and then burnt him with  my sight.

Looking at   the “status  “ of some one else, I was thrilled,
Seeing their “Profile” I wondered ,
I got drowned in their  “Picture  Message” ,
In the desire to download videos,
After  washing my hand  , after taking food,
I started wondering “What food did I take ?”

The  main dish made of fish of my uncle’s home  ,
The papad   fried by my own aunt,
The “Tomato rice”  from my younger sister’s home  ,
My elder brother’s wife  said ‘Kari and koottu  side dish”,
Thinking of all this  I daily fought ,
With my wife who gave  me  nectar  like food,
Saying  “this is  worse   than pure  poison.”

By myself I laughed ,
By myself I cried,
By myself I wondered,
By myself I appreciated,
But   some how “me” was   not myself,
And I went on complaining  that “every thing is in the android”

Even after seeing my family moving away from me ,
I started searching    for a place  in the “Network”
Even in Emoji there  was  “laughter,  crying  , shyness  ,
Dance  , singing , family   and all other things
But when I straightened up  and saw  ,
I could not see   any one at all,
Relations and friends,
Went away  from me due to “the world in my palm”

This whats app   world   is boring and sufficient,
Oh dear ones,
Please smile at me standing  before you   ,
Oh friends , please come , the street side  tea stalls,
Are  observing  penance   to receive us.

Tamil text

முன் கடந்து போவோரின்
முகம் காண முடியவில்லை.
பின் நின்று சிரிப்போரின்
எண்ணம் எனக்கு புரியவில்லை.
தலை தாழ்ந்தே எங்கும் பயணம்.
தொடுதிரையை தொட்டபடி
உள்ளங்கையில் தான் உலகம்.
என் கைபேசி காதலியானாள்- நான்
கட்டிய மனையாள் நெடுந்தூரம் போனாள்...
உற்றாரும் உறவினரும் Family குரூப்பில்,
நண்பனும் அவனின் நண்பனும் நட்பெனும் குரூப்பில்.
சாம கோழி கூவிய பின்னும்,
கொக்கரக்கோ கேட்கும் முன்னும்,
வாட்ஸ்சாப்பில் மூழ்கலானேன்-நிஜமெனும் வசந்தத்தை நிழலாலே மறந்தும் போனேன்.
எவர் எவருக்கோ பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்து,.அடுத்தவர் இழப்பிற்க்கு துக்கச்சேதி.
Hi என எவரோ அனுப்ப
Hai என பதிலுரைத்தேன்-ஏனோ
நான் பெற்ற பிள்ளை
"அப்பா"என்றழைக்க,
சற்றே புருவம் உயர்த்தி
பார்வையாலே சுட்டெரித்தேன்...
அடுத்தவரின்,
Status பார்த்து ரசித்தேன்,
profile பார்த்து வியந்தேன்,
Picture Msg பார்த்து லயித்தேன்,
video பதிவிறக்க ஆர்வத்தில்.
கை அலம்பியபின் யோசித்தேன்.
நான் என்ன சாப்பிட்டேன் என்பதை...
மாமன் வீட்டு மீன் குழம்பு,
மாமி பொறித்த அப்பளம்,
தங்கை வீட்டு தக்காளிச்சோறு,
மதனி சொன்னாள் கூட்டுக்கறி என்று இத்தனையும் மனதில் கொண்டு, நித்தம் நித்தம் சண்டையிட்டேன்,
அமிர்தம் தந்த மனையாளிடம்.
இது நஞ்சை விட கேவலமென்று...
நானாய் சிரித்தேன்,
நானாய் அழுதேன்,
நானாய் வியந்தேன்,
நானாய் ரசித்தேன்-ஏனோ
நான்,
நானாய் மட்டும் இல்லை...
ஆண்ட்ராய்டில் அனைத்தும் உள்ளதென அங்கலாய்த்தேன்.
என் குடும்பம் விலகி போவதை கண்டும் கூட
Network கிடைக்கும் இடம் தேடி அலையலானேன்...
கீமோஜியில் கூட
சிரிப்பு,அழுகை,சோகம்,வெட்கம்,
ஆடல்,பாடல்,குடும்பம்,நட்பு என அனைத்தும்.
ஆனால்...
நான் நிமிர்ந்து பார்க்கும் போது
என் முன்னே எவருமில்லை.,
சுற்றமும்,நட்பும்
உள்ளங்கை உலகத்தோடு எனை கடந்து போயினர்...
இது வாட்ஸ் ஆப்(பு) உலகம்-போதும்
சொந்தமே.,
இனி என்னோடு நேரினில் புன்னகையிடுங்கள்.
நட்பே., வா தெருவோர டீக்கடை நமக்காய் தவம் தவம்கிடக்கிறது......



1 comment:

CPC said...

அருமையான மொழிபெயர்ப்பு.