Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Mother-a topical Tamil poem

Mother

By

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander



(Very topical poem. Knowing well that  the bird mentioned in Tamil is Eagle m I have translated  it as vulture, because  I thought , it is more appropriate .Would Sri Ganesh Kumar  Pardon me. )

Even when I kicked  you,
With my baby legs  ,
Did you not shower  love on me

When I ran and fell   down,
In  the army of  boys,
And when I   failed  to get,
A prize in music competition,
Did you not with kindness encourage me,

When as  a matured  child,
I got  caught  in the  eyes of vultures,
And even  when the  next door lady ,
Told about it to you,
Did you  continue to believe  me.

When I dreamt  ,
That the vulture is my world ,
That  flying  is the only joy
And after   running away  ,
My body  is thinning down mother  .

Flying gives me pain,
And the vulture gives  me bites

Oh Mother,  Oh mother
Would you give a  place for me ,
On your lap   and hug me  ,
Either alive or dead


Tamil text

அம்மா
. கணேஷ்குமார்
பிஞ்சு காலால்
நெஞ்சில் உதைத்த
போதும் அன்பு
மழை பொழிந்தாயே!
சிறுவர் பட்டாளத்தில்
ஓடி விழுந்தது போதும்
பாட்டுப் போட்டியில்
பரிசிழந்து நின்றபோதும்
பரிவுடன்
ஊட்டம் கொடுத்தாயே!
பருவ குழந்தையாய்
பருந்துகளின் கண்களில்
மாட்டிய போதும்
அடுத்த வீட்டுப்
பெண் எடுத்துச்
சொன்ன போதும்
என்னை நம்பி இருந்தாயே!
பருந்தே உலகம்
பறப்பதே இன்பம்
என கனாகண்டு
ஓடி வந்தபின்பு
உடம்பு இளைக்கிறதம்மா!
பறப்பது வலிக்கிறதம்மா!
பருந்தும் கடிக்கிறதம்மா!
அம்மா! அம்மா!
உன் மடியில் எனக்கு இடந்தந்து
என்னை அரவணைப்பாயா
உயிரோடு அல்லது
பிணமாகவாது.


No comments: