Saturday, July 22, 2017

Lord Gruruvayrappan

Lord Gruruvayrappan

By
Kumar Ramanathan

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander



(The very pretty  verse  in Tamil of the author is given below my translation.Thanks to the author. I am also borrowing the  pretty picture  of Baby Krishna posted by him in facebook)

Oh Guruvayurappa, I  saw the very pretty peacock feather  moving on your head,
Oh Guruvayurappa, i saw  a smile   caressing   your face,
Oh Guruvayurappa,I saw the perfume of sandle paste  wafting up everywhere,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I saw the  thulabharam   being weighed,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I heard   the  sound  of your flute,
Oh Guruvayurappa,I heard   the sound of “OM, OM” being chanted,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I heard the booming sound of  Pancha Vadhya,
Oh Guruvayurappa,I saw   your devotees becoming ecstatic,
Oh Guruvayurappa,I saw the beauty of Pananquin on the elephant,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I saw your form   that   puts an end to fate,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I forgot  the strength of the early morning cold,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I was anxious to see you   and I  was able to see your divine form,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I saw little babes    eating rice,
Oh Guruvayurappa, I saw the prettiness of  your cheeks with pretty  dimples  when you smile,
Oh Guruvayurappa, Oh Krishna, Oh Krishna  who is of the    colour of the cloud,
Oh Guruvayurappa, your  lotus like feet is my only refuge

Tamil text by  Kumar  Ramanathan

ஸ்ரீ குருவாயூரப்பன் எழில் அழகு பீலி தலையில் அசையக்கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
முகத்தில் புன்னகை தவழக் கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
சந்தனமெங்கும் மணக்க கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
துலாபாரம் தூக்கக் கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
ஓடக்குழலின் ஓசையை கேட்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
ஓம் ஓம் என்னும் ஒலியை கேட்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
பஞ்ச வாத்யம் முழங்கக் கேட்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
பக்தர்கள் பரவசம் அடைய கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
வேழச் சிவிகையின் எழிலை கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
வினை தீர்க்கும் வடிவம் கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
காலை குளிரின் கடுமையை மறந்தேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
காணத் துடித்தேன் கண்டேன் தரிசனம் குருவாயூரப்பா
குழந்தைகள் சாதம் உண்னக் கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
குமிழ் சிரிப்பின் இதழகைக் கண்டேன் குருவாயூரப்பா
கண்ணா கண்ணா கார் முகில் வண்ணா குருவாயூரப்பா
உன் திருவடி மலரே சரணம் சரணம் குருவாயூரப்பா! !



No comments: