Friday, January 5, 2018

Best Country in the world

WE know that   each line  of this poem to a large extent is true, To which direction   shall we proceed?


பாருக்குள்ளே நல்ல நாடு*
Best Country    in the world

By
Kavikko  Abdul Rehman

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander




I   met them  all in a prison,
And I asked  them, “What crime  did you commit?”
And one  by one they told

One thief stole things from my home  and was running away,
And I shouted   at the  top of my voice”Thief, Thief”
They arrested me for disturbing peace  .

Some one  asked   about  my income,
“I said, “I am a non employed   graduate,”,
They arrested  me for  hiding my income.

I am a labourer  lifting coal bags ,
And  the note  received   as wages,
Had a black stain  from coal,
I was arrested   for keeping black money.

I was making  bunds   to my field,
And they arrested me for being a secessionist.

“My  boss was  taking bribe  and I stopped him,
And I was arrested for preventing,
A government   servant   from doing his duty.”

I was pasting poster  of the popular film,
“Alibaba   and forty thieves,
And they arrested  me  for defaming ,
An elected   representative   of the country.”

I  exhorted  “Let us  remove the boundary  of poverty”
And they arrested  me for stealing  government property.

I wrote, “All corrupt  people should be banished from the country”
And they arrested me for being a smuggler.”

I  am a newspaper   editor    and in my editorial,
I wrote  the truth  and they ,
Arrested me  for destabilising  our  country.

Some one was   singing  our national anthem,
Due to continuous   starvation  i was lying down,
And they arrested  me for dishonouring  the National anthem.

Some one in a platform told  “Krishna has  told us,
To arm ourself for fighting   against  Adharma,
And  since my  name    was Krishna ,
They arrested   me saying I was a terrorist.

Then after  hearing all this  I came out  of the jail,
And my country  did not have any   problems ,
And it was peaceful and was greatest in the world.


*பாருக்குள்ளே நல்ல நாடு*
* கவிக்கோ அப்துல் ரகுமான்*
.......................................................................
அவர்களைச் சிறையில் சந்தித்தேன்.
என்ன குற்றம் செய்தீர்கள்” ?
என்று கேட்டேன்.
ஒவ்வொருவராகச் சொன்னார்கள்..
எங்கள் வீட்டில் திருடிக்கொண்டு ஒருவன் ஒடினான்.
திருடன் திருடன்என்று கத்தினேன்.
அமைதிக்குப் பங்கம் விளைவித்தாக என்னைக்
கைது செய்து விட்டார்கள்.
என் வருமானத்தைக் கேட்டார்கள்
நான் வேலையில்லாப் பட்டாதாரிஎன்றேன்
வருமானத்தை மறைத்ததாக வழக்குப்
போட்டு விட்டார்கள்.
நான் கரி மூட்டை தூக்கும் கூலி
கூலியாக கிடைத்த ரூபாய் நோட்டில்
கரி பட்டுக் கறுப்பாகிவிட்டது.
கறுப்பு பணம் வைத்திருந்ததாகக்
கைது செய்து விட்டார்கள்.
என் வயலுக்கு வரப்பு எடுத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்
பிரிவினைவாதி என்று பிடித்துக் கொண்டு
வந்து விட்டார்கள்
அதிகாரி லஞ்சம் வாங்கினார், தடுத்தேன்.
அரசுப் பணியாளரை அவருடைய கடமையைச்
செய்ய விடாமல் தடுத்ததாகத் தண்டித்து விட்டார்கள்.”
அலிபாபாவும் நாற்பது திருடர்களும்படச்
சுவரொட்டியை ஒட்டிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்.
சட்டமன்ற உறுப்பினர்களை அவதூறு
செய்ததாக அழைத்துக் கொண்டு வந்து விட்டார்கள்
வறுமைக் கோட்டை அழிப்போம்என்று பேசினேன்.
அரசாங்க சொத்தை அழிக்கத் தூண்டியதாக
அடைத்துப் போட்டுவிட்டார்கள்
ஊழல் பேர்வழிகளை நாடு கடத்த வேண்டும்
என்று எழுதினேன், “கடத்தல்காரன்என்று
கைது செய்து விட்டார்கள்.
நான் பத்திரிக்கை ஆசிரியன். தலையங்கத்தில்
உண்மையை எழுதினேன். நாட்டின்
ஸ்திரத் தன்மையைக் குலைத்ததாகக்
கொண்டு வந்து விட்டார்கள்
சுதந்திர தின விழாவில்ஜன கண மனபாடிக்
கொண்டிருந்தார்கள். நான் பசியால் சுருண்டு
படுத்துக்கொண்டிருந்தேன். எழுந்து நிற்க முடியவில்லை.
தேசிய கீதத்தை அவமதித்து விட்டதாகச்
சிறையில் அடைத்து விட்டார்கள்
அக்கிரமத்தை எதிர்த்து ஆயுதம் ஏந்தச்
சொன்னான் கண்ணன்என்று யாரோ
கதாகாலட்சேபத்தில் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்கள்
என்பெயர் கண்ணன். “பயங்கரவாதிஎன்று
என்னைப் பிடித்துக் கொண்டு வந்து விட்டார்கள்.

நான் வெளியே வந்தேன்.
சட்டம் ஒழுங்குப் பிரச்சினை எதுவும்
இல்லாமல் நாடு
அமைதியாக இருந்தது.

No comments: