Friday, September 13, 2019

It is the will of God



It  is the will  of God  even to Lord Shiva  and Lord Vishnu and even Rama

By
P.R.Ramachander

Today  I was  cleaning some old papers,Suddenly  I found a page of my father’s writing in Malayalam. I became emotional  .All that he  has written in those two pages, were  what he has taught me.I would like to tell you about  what he has written in one corner.It delas  with the fact  that  even Gods like  Vishnu, Shiva  and Rama   do things as per  the desire of God. Suddenly I laughed.
    Every year  after  paddy harvest, after our tenant  brings paddy to us , the Nambudiri  priest of a very famous Temple  clled Anthimahaklan  temple near  our village,  who is   a close friend of  my father  will visit him.  My father  will ask him, Öh for usual gift  to God through you?  Does He also  take gifts   from poor Kunjuraman. And  he will say:-

Swayam Mahesa,Swasuro Nagesa,
Sakhaa Dhanesa, thanayo Ganesa,
Thadhaapi, Bhikshatana  meva  Shambho,
Baleeyasi  Kevalam  easwerescha

He himself , the greatest  God, his father  in law  is king of mountains,
His friend is the lord of wealth, his son is the  lord of all  Ganas,
But in spite of that  Shambhu   had to   do   begging,
What  is most  important is only  the will of God.

And my father  will reply

Ekaa Jayaa  , prakruthi chaplaa ,nischalaa  cha dwitheeyaa,
Puthro   anango , tribhuvana  vijayee, manmadho durnivasaa.
SAmudhra  vaasanam, Sesha sayaa  , Vahanam  Pannagaari,
Baleeyasi  kevalam    Easwarechaa 

He has  one wife  , always moving about, another  who never moves at all,
His son    bad  mannered Manmathadoes  not have a body, though he wins over three  worlds,
He  lives on the ocean, sleeps on a sepent and rides  on his enemy  The Garuda,
What  is most  important is only  the will of God.

And ofcourse  give some  paddy  to his friend  .

Some years  he will say :-

Vahno vishudham api  Janakim thaam,
Jago vananthe akhila  Ramabhadra,
Saakhinna  shudhaa, Sachakinna  vethaa,
Baleeyasi  Kevalameeswarechaa

Janaki had to  become pure  in the fire,
The great Rama  had to sleep  in the forest,
With sorrow one became pure, another got sorrow  in living,
What  is most  important is only  the will of God

   Me and my sister  , who were both  Sanskrit students used to laugh , loudly at the conversation.
I found  two of these slokas written by my father, in his inimitable hand writing on the corner  of  the page I found.
Have  I to say that  my eyes became  wet.

3 comments:

Roopanv said...

Did Thata write these poems?

Roopanv said...

Did he write these himself?

Roopanv said...

Did he write these himself?