Friday, September 20, 2019

My thirukkural translations?


My thirukkural translations?

By
P.R.Ramachander

Image result for THirukural

   Thirukkral has 133  chapters (note 3+3+1=7)  arranged in three   books viz Arathu pal( Book of Dharma) , Porut pal( Book of wealth)  and Kamathu pal  (book of love .).Possibly the most accepted   commentary  is written  by Parinel Azhagar(Pretty one  on the top of horse ),Several commentaries in Tamil   exist.  All the commentators are   of the opinion that  Thiruvalluvar  did not  write a chapter on salvation   because  he felt that  those  who live according  to the tenets  that  he has explained  , salvation is automatic..Thirukkural was first translated   in to  Latin first and later  in to English which  was made  in 1886.. It has been later translated  in to 13 different Indian languages   languages. Nine  asian languages   and 14  european languages. Since  I have studied  Thirukkural with lot of interest., I  wanted to translate  it in  my own style. I was hesitant  as  I was  not a master  in Tamil lanuguages and also I thought   there is no further need    of one more  translation  .Anyway , I did the first   chapter  of Kural  entitled praise  of God   and  uploaded  in several social  forums.Many people   seem to like my   translation and I was  encouraged  by many   to translate. I started   doing it   and completed it
    I decided  that  I would not  translate  Kamathu Pal  , which deals  about love .

The following are the contents of the 108 chapters of Kural  which I have  translated
Book I : Aram (Righteousness)
Book II : Porul ( The material world)

You can find  of 1-108  chapters in







No comments: