Friday, April 22, 2016

For the sake of a mother – a letter to my loving mother

Can Words  make you cry ?These words did . Oh mother  , Oh mother
     (Tamil original   taken from post of Rajagopal  Srinivasan –acknowledged  gratefully)

For the sake  of a mother  – a letter to my loving mother

By
A  sobbing  son , who is a memorial to her




Oh mother ,
Without anything to write , I start this letter.

You  brought  me up very nicely  , till I became an adult,
Even if I bring  home all the  fights  of the village  ,
Oh mother   you used to tell” My son is the best”
Without belittling me   before others.

There were many days  In which I did not playfully  bother  ,
To do the  work that you requested me to do.
When you said
“Darling mine, gold mine, Please   do  to the provision store.”
I used to tell you ,
“Do you expect me to go  at this age  “

But today
“For the sake  of someone not visible to my eye,
I keep on doing work ceaselessly  , mother.”

Though  the food prepared  by your masterly hand ,
Undergoing  tedious work  making sweat drop from your forehead,
Is the   original   Nectar    that I know of.
For several days  I used  not to bother  about them.

“Sweet heart mine, wait   for ten minutes,
You can take hot food and go” when  you told like this,
There were  many  days when I replied “Oh ten minutes, I would take  food outside”
And I started  going  out not bothering for you.

But today,
When I eat the food without  any taste ,
And when my    eyes darken in sorrow,
The shop owner    replies” Today it is  little more pungent”
But I only knew the truth  ,
“Oh mother  , for  a handful  of food, affectionately  given by you,
I am hankering a lot  mother.”

Those days    When I used to wander  here and there ,
You used to apply   force   and  applied drops of oil,
On my head, When I stood there  hating it.
But even today
Oh my mother , my hair which  is  like  a Sahara    desert  ,
Is longing for that  one drop of oil from your hand.,

When due to desire,
I used to get drenched in rain and come  ,
You  would keep on muttering and dry  me   by using  your upper cloth.
Now  I am getting drenched,
Not due to desire but  due  to longing 

When you  used to chide me very rarely ,
I retorted against you mother  ,
But today
When my boss shouts  at me  endlessly,
I am standing like a stone without sensation

Oh mother ,
Please   some how do excuse me  .
When in the phone  , even before   I wanted to tell you  ,
About the Sari which I  selected and purchased  for you   after great search,
Your words   would come   first,
“Sweet heart   I have  purchased a shirt for you ,
When you visit me  next, take it with you.

Oh Mother   how will I ever tell you  ,
About my desires and thoughts,
For when I prepare   to tell you  my  longings,
And dial the cell phone and say “oh mother
Within a second  my words undergo a change and I say,
“I am Okay here mother, how are you there?”
But are    you not my mother,
Just by that one word you would understand my mind.
And  list all my thoughts which I failed   to tell you.
“Oh Darling  , go to your office regularly,
Without  forgetting take oil bath,
When you cross the road   be careful  ,
Oh Golden darling  look after yourself.”

However much I control my eyes,
Oh mother   my heart is wailing.”
Should I find fault with  this life of mine,
Which separated  you from me ,Or should I thank you  ,
For understanding my affection towards you,
I do not know mother.”

“Should I create a  memorial for you,
Using those things   which do not have life  ,
What is the use of that?”

“Coating the gum of  my blood ,
Arranging   the stones called my  bones,
I would be    your living memorial  ,
Always     lying    at your feet.”


Original tamil Version  kindly given by  Rajagopal  Srinivasan

அம்மாவாக..... அன்புள்ள அம்மாவுக்கு ஒரு கடுதாசி.....!!
அம்மா...
எழுத வார்த்தைகள் இல்லாமல்
தொடங்குகிறேன்...!!


பருவம் வரை பக்குவமாய்
வளர்த்து விட்டாயே
ஊர் சண்டை இழுத்து வந்தாலும்
உத்தமன் என் பிள்ளை என்று
விட்டு கொடுக்காமல் பேசுவாயே
அம்மா..!!


நீ சொன்ன வேலைகளை விளையாட்டாய்
தட்டி சென்ற நாட்கள்..!!
செல்லம், தங்கம், "மள்ளிகை கடைக்கு "
போய்வாடா என நீ சொல்ல
இந்த வயதில் கடைக்கு போவதா?..
என நான் சொன்னேன்..!!
இன்றோ..
இங்கே கண்ணுக்கு தெரியாத
யாரோ ஒருவருக்காக ஓயாமல்
வேலை செய்கிறேன் அம்மா..!!
நெற்றி வியர்வை சிந்த பரிமாறும்
உந்தன் கை பக்குவ உணவு
நான் அறிந்த அமுதத்தின் அசல்தான்.
இருந்தும் தவறவிட்ட பல நாட்கள்..!!
கண்ணு "பத்து நிமிஷம்" பொறுத்துக்கோடா
சூடா சாப்பிட்டுட்டு போய்டுவ என நீ சொல்ல
பத்து நிமிஷமா..!, நான் வெளியல
சாப்பிட்டு கொள்கிறேன் என நான் சொல்லி
கிளம்பிய தருணங்கள்..!!
இன்றோ..
இங்கே உப்பு.,சப்பில்லா சாப்பாடு
சாப்பிடும் போதே கண்கள் கலங்க
இன்று காரம் கொஞ்சம் அதிகம்
போய்விட்டது என கடைக்காரர்
சொல்ல..!!
எனக்கு மட்டும் தெரிந்த
உண்மை..!!
பாசமுடன் நீ அளித்த உந்தன்
ஒற்றை பிடி சோற்றுக்காக இப்போது
ஏங்குகிறேன் அம்மா..!!
அன்றைய பொழுதில் சுற்றி திரிந்த நாட்கள்
வரண்ட தலை முடியில் வலுக்கட்டாயமாய்
தடவி விடும் எண்ணெய் துளிகள்
வேண்டா வெறுப்பாய் நிற்கும்
நான்..!!
இன்றும்
என் தலை முடி சகாராதான் அம்மா
உந்தன் கை ஒற்றை எண்ணெய்
துளிக்காக ஏங்கி நிற்கிறது..!!
ஆசையால்..
மழையில் நனைந்து வர
முனுமுனுத்தபடி துடைப்பாய்
உந்தன் முந்தானையில்
இப்போது நனைகிறேன்
ஆசையால் அல்ல, ஏக்கத்தால்..,
அத்தி பூக்கும் தருணமாய்..!
என்றாவது ஒருநாள் என்னை
திட்டும் நீ..! அந்த நொடியில்
எதிர்த்து பேசினேனே அம்மா..!!
இன்றோ..
இங்கே உயர் அதிகாரி திட்ட
சுரணை இல்லாத கல்லாய் நிற்கிறேனே
அம்மா..!!
என்னை மன்னித்துவிடேன் அம்மா..!!
தொலைபேசியில்...
உனக்காக, தேடி திரிந்து பார்த்து,
பார்த்து வாங்கிய புடைவையை பற்றி
சொல்வதற்கு முன் உன் வார்த்தைகள்
வருமே..!
கண்ணு உனக்காக
ஒரு சட்டை வாங்கிருக்கேன் வரும்போது
எடுத்துகிட்டு போடா என்று..!!
எப்படி அம்மா சொல்வேன் எந்தன்
அன்பையும் , எண்ணத்தையும்
என் ஏக்கங்களை சொல்ல துடிக்க...
கைபேசியை எடுத்து , அம்மா....என்று
சொல்லும் நொடிகனத்தில் மாறுகின்றது
எந்தன் வார்த்தைகள்., நான் இங்கு
நலமாய் இருக்கேன்..!நீ எப்படியம்மா
இருக்க..!!!
என் அன்னை ஆயிற்றே...
எந்தன் ஒற்றை வார்த்தையில்
புரிந்து கொள்வாய் எந்தன்
மனதை..!!
நான் சொல்ல மறந்த வார்த்தைகளை
பக்குவமாய் பட்டியளிடுவாய்..,
"வேலைக்கு ஒழுங்கா சாப்டு கண்ணு "
"மறக்காம எண்ண தேச்சி குளிடா"
"ரோட்ல பத்திரமா பாத்து போடா"
" உடம்ப பாத்துக்கோடா தங்கம் "
என் கண்கள் கட்டுபடுத்திக் கொண்டாலும்
என் இதையம் மட்டும் கதறி அழுகிறதே
அம்மா..!!
உன்னை என்னிடம் இருந்து பிரித்த
இந்த வாழ்க்கையை திட்டுவதா..?
இல்லை..
உந்தன் மேல் நான் வைத்திருக்கும்
பாசத்தை காட்டியதற்கு நன்றி சொல்வதா.?
தெரியவில்லையே அம்மா..!!
உனக்காக உயிரற்ற பொருட்களால்
அன்பு சின்னம் அமைத்து என்ன
பயன்..!!
உதிரம் என்னும் பசை தடவி
எலும்பு என்னும் கற்கள் அடுக்க
உன் அன்பின் சின்னமாய் இருப்பேன்
அம்மா என்றும் உந்தன்
காலடியில்...!!!!
எழுதிய நண்பருக்கு என் அன்பான வாழ்த்துக்கள். ....



No comments: