Friday, April 22, 2016

Oh mother , Your Sari

Oh mother , Your Sari
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander


(This very sentimental poem was posted in face book by Rajagopal Srinivasan. I was moved and remembered my mother’s Sari .I am sure each and every one of you would.. The tamil text is given after the translation.)
This is some friends letter,
When I read this I was not able to control my tears,
I read it several times, I am wailing and so I am sharing it with you ,
Each of these happenings are those which happened in life
Oh mother ,When I was born and fell out ,
It was your Sari that became wet, and later
It was only your sari that became a cradle for me to sleep.
When you were feeding me milk,
It was your Sari that cleaned my lips,
When you were feeding me milk ,
Outside our home , Only your Sari became the curtain,
For protecting me from , Getting wet in rain,
Only your Sari became Umbrella to me
When I wanted to learn swimming,
You tied your Sari on my belly ,
So that You can lift me in times of need,
It is Only your Sari that dried my head ,
When my head got wet in rain.
After eating mango ,
I cleaned my hands with your Sari only.
When my teacher shouted at me,
I only hid behind your Sari
When father came shoting to to beat me,
I only hid myself behind your Sari.
When I gave chocolate to my brother,
Without any one knowing ,
I only hid that act behind your Sari
When I stole money from the home
I was tied by your sari only and beaten.
When I had head ache , Your Sari,
Was used to foment my head.
Oh Mother I am touching your Sari ,
And I am seeing the lost joy of my life in your eyes.
I am requesting God ,
That you only should become ,
My mother in my next birth.
// யாரோ ஒரு நண்பனின் மடல் //
இதை படித்தவுடன் என் கண்களில் கண்ணீரை கட்டுப்படுத்த முடியவில்லை, பலமுறை படித்தேன் கதறி அழுகிறேன் ஆகவே இதை உங்களுடன் பகிர்கின்றேன்...
இதில் உள்ள அத்தனை வரிகளும் உண்மையில் என் வாழ்வில் நடந்தவைகள்...
அம்மா...
நான் பிறந்து
விழுந்த போது...
உன் சேலைதான்
ஈரமானது...!!!
நான் உறங்க...
உன் சேலைதான்
ஊஞ்சல் ஆனது..!!!
.
நான் பால்
அருந்தும் போது...
உதட்டினை துடைத்து
உன் சேலை தான்...!!!
எனக்கு பால்
கொடுக்கும்போது...
உன் சேலை தான்
எனக்கு திரையானது...!!!
நான் மழையில்
நனையாமல் இருக்க...
உன் சேலை
தான் குடையானது...!!!
நீச்சல் பழக...
என் இடுப்பில் கட்டியதும்
உன் சேலை தான்...!!!!
மழையில் நனைந்த
என் தலையை...
துவட்டியதும்
உன் சேலை தான்...!!!
மாம் பழம் தின்று
என் கை துடைத்தும்
உன் சேலை தானம்மா...!!!
ஆசிரியரின்
மிரட்டலுக்கு...
ஓடி ஒளிந்ததும்
உன் சேலைதான்...!!!
அப்பா அடிக்க
வரும் போது...
என்னை ஒலித்து
வைத்ததும்...
உன் சேலை
தானம்மா...!!!
அண்ணனுக்கு தெரியாமல்
மறைத்து வைத்து...
மிட்டாய் கொடுத்தும்
உன் சேலை தான்...!!!
காசு எடுத்தால் என்னை
கட்டி வைத்து அடித்ததும்...
உன் சேலை தான்...!!!
தலை வழிக்கு ஒத்தடம்
கொடுத்தும்...
உன் சேலை
தான் அம்மா...!!!
அம்மா உன் சேலையை
தொட்டு பார்கிறேன்...!!
தொலைந்த இன்பத்தை
உன் கண்ணில் பார்கிறேன்...!!!
மறு பிறவியிலும்
நீயே வேண்டுமென்று...
இறைவனிடம் கேட்கிறேன்

No comments: