Thursday, November 2, 2017

God competing with devotee

God competing with devotee

By
P.R.Ramachander

(Story taken  from lecture of Sri Muralidhara   swamijee. I am indebted to him)

When  the little tiny tot  , our own darling  boy Krishna,
Was living   in   Brindavan, there   used  to be  an old grandma,
Who used  to sell fruits   in the streets  of Brindavan,
And one day, little Krishna  came out  and asked  her,
“Grandma , Grandma  , I love fruits , would you give  me some?”

The heart of the gradma melted   and her  eyes  became filled,
With tears  of joy  and she told, “Ofcourse  little darling”
And then that  little one told  her , “Yasoda Mummy,
Has  told me   that  I should not take   any thing  free,
And  he gave her  a hand full of rice   and that grandma  gave all her fruits.

Grandma   who   did not have  money even to buy  her dinner,
Was surprised to see   that  her basket   was full of costly gems that day.,
Next day  she again   came to sell fruits   , gave  all she brought  to the tiny tot,
And decorated  the little one   with the gems he had given her  the day    with a smile,
And the little tiny tot told  ,”Oh Grandma” and she said , “What will I do with them?”

Next day the little tiny tot ran to see  his grandma   when he heard her voice  ,
And asked her , “Oh grandma  , I had given a palace   to live yesterday?”
Grandma again gave him the fruits he brought   and told him  , and asked,
“Would you come with me ?”  and he agreed, went to her house  and saw,
That   she had made  the palace as his temple  and she was living  in her hut outside,

Lord Krishna   thought  , if I were   to compete   with a devotee ,
I only   would be defeated  always , because   a true devotee  .
Does not want anything for himself   but would want  ,
To give everything that   he has  to his god,
And so then and there  he sent  his that  grandma to his heaven




No comments: