Thursday, November 30, 2017

Warning letters from God of death, which we ignored

Warning letters   from God of death, which we ignored

By
P.R.Rmachander



(Based on a pretty   well written story  written by   scholarly friend Vasu Iyengar.  Thanks to him)


One  person called Suresh  took bath  in the ganges ,
And while he was returning  he met a black man,
And when they started   talking with each other ,
Suresh told   everything about himself     to that new black friend,

But later Suresh realised   that the black stranger,
Had not told    anything   about himself   and when asked ,
He told , “Do not ask about  me for  I am a friendless peson,
For  once people  know   about  me they   get scared  and run away.”

When Suresh  insisted  , he told , “I am Yama , the god of death,
No person in the world  likes  me to come to his house.”
Suresh told , “I do not have any problem  , provided  ,
You send me a  warning  letter  before  you come to my house.”

Yama agreed  and Suresh thought   that  since ,
He will get a warning  letter , he can settle  everything,
And happily  go away from the world with  Yama.
And started  living very happily  and without botheration.

The hairs of Surssh   turned   White, his eye sight  reduced,
All his teeth fell down and due  to joint pain he  became  unable to walk,
And one day  Yama came   to him   and  told  in a friendly voice,
“Please come with me   Suresh,    as your time   has come  ..

Suresh shouted   at God Yama   and told  that he was cheat ,
AS he did not bother  to write a  warning letter  to him.

lord yama  laughed  and told , “My friend , i did.
My first letter was  the whitening   of your hair,
I thought you would understand  that I was telling you,
That though your hair is white , your mind was black ,
But instead  you purchased the best dye  and coloured your hair.

Then I made your eye sight less  thinking   that  you would,
Understand and  turn your  sight inward but you purchased spectacles,
And then I took away your teeth  thinking   that  you would ,
Stop  desiring  for delightful food  but you put on dentures.

Then I made your joints stiff  thinking   that  when  unable to walk,
You would  be always  sit  at home   and meditate  on God ,
But  you  had hip and joint   replacement surgery  and

I cannot send any more letters   to a fool  like you,.,

1 comment:

Stay Healthy with Vaidy said...

Very well written and the story is telling...thanks for sharing