Sunday, November 19, 2017

No selfishness in a prayer please

No selfishness  in a  prayer  please

Recreated  by
P.R.Ramachander



(Rewriitten based on    write up by my friend , who isa scholar  who never  asks  anything himself –Sri Sivan jaykat)

One day I happened  to meet  Lord Krishna ,
And I asked him , “Do you know why  I pray you?”
Lord Krishna  with a pretty smile told ,”Only you will know,
For  my job is   getting   the prayers   from you people.”

I nodded  in agreement told  , “True  Krishna,
I too was nagging you daily to fulfil all my wants,
And I know  millions  of people do it, I pity you,
As to which prayer   would you be able to attend?”

“For me all devotees   and all prayers are the   same,
To me all languages   are the same  , all castes are thesame,
Dont think   that  I am a man like you to be biased.”
He replied and I had  to agree   with him one hundred percent.

Lord Krishna   smiled again and told ,”The requests ,
That   come to me are   some times selfish   and sometimes,
To the good of all and it may be asked by asura or deva ora man.
But I do  take a decision  , only based  on the request.”

“Hey see , the one who really believes  in me  ,
Would never ask me for anything as he  would feel,
That it is my duty to look after him , whether  he asks or not,
And to that devotee I am the mother  and to me he is the child.”

Did not  read your great poet  Mahavi Bharathi sing,
“One kitten is like ash , another  black,
Another the colour of a snake and another of milk,
But they are  all kitten and how can there be differences among them.”

“You need not chant a prayer to  please me  ,
For you would   be wasting   your time  as well as effort,
When you ask anything , I would see whether  your mind is wet,
And I would be  waiting for you  to ask for others and not for yourself.”

I realized   what  he told me   and remembered  about a  Guru,
Who conducted  prayer sessions , where  first he  will  group them,
In to  two each, ask them to understand the need of each  other ,
And then ask each of them  to pray for fulfilling   the  need  of his partner.


No comments: