Wednesday, August 23, 2017

An old mom’s poem of tears to her son

An old mom’s poem of tears  to her son

Rewritten by
P.R.Ramachander



(This poem describes  an event  which is going to come in the life of each one of us. I wish parents  take a video of how much trouble  in involved  in bringing up babies   and show it to their son, when each of them grow for long years  and reach their  second cycle of being a baby.

“Oh son , we are  helpless , please  understand us.”

Based on a whatsapp  post. I thank that  anonymous great author)


My darling son, My dear son,I love you a lot   , My  son,
When I keep  the first step on ”old age”,
My weariness  would test you, please  be patient.
Please have little patience and do not sneer at me.

When food falls   from my hand while eating ,
Do not shout at me but remember  those days,
When i fed you as a  little baby , showing you the moon,
When  you used to not only drop but  spit your food.

Do not get angry  when I dirty and wet   my dress,
But remember those days  when you as a babe,
Used   to wet our  bed   all through the night,
And how  I  used to have winks  of sleep  in between.

Be patient with me when I keep  on repeating  the same thing,
And remember those   days    when  to sleep at night,
You used  to make me read  the  same story of the  magician,
Again   and again endlessly  without me getting bored.

If I refuse  to bathe   do not   blame   me as a lazy goose ,
But remember  the  hundred and one techniques,
That  I used to employ   to   make   you take   the bath,
And how  I  some how succeeded in my task every day.

It is simply not  possible  for me   to understand  and apprectiate,
Newer techniques  , newer knowledge, when you   tell them to me ,
With a speed  of cyclone , Do not belittle me , but  teach me slowly,
Again and again, as  I used to teach you   when you   were a  little kid.

At times  due to my age I may forget  , I may even cut  of links,
Of an interesting  conversation, do not  wail for wasting your time ,
But    sit near  me and console me  and remember  those days,
When I  would postpone all my jobs and listen to your meaningless  babble.

When my legs   do deceive me   and I  totter , do not stare at me ,
But remember   the days   when with great  love and affection,
I used to extend  my hands  lovingly    towards  you  ,
So that  you do not totter  and fall but learnt to walk.

One day  I would tell  you that I have lived  sufficiently,
And prefer  to die and  at that time  do not sorrow,
But know that , till  a certain age life does not have  meaning,
And after a certain age   there  is no meaning in further  living.

Time will  come when you  would  understand all  this,
And now my son all   that  I want  is a dear smile  from you,
Oh son, again and again I want to tell you that “I love you.”
And I have a humble   request, “Do all  that  you can to make my end peaceful”





No comments: