Friday, July 20, 2018

A lovable poem


A lovable poem

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander



(I saw this great poem in http://smileworld.in/main-umra-batana-nahi-chahti-hun-girl-poem-in-hindi/ .I liked it  .)

I do not want to tell my age.

Whenever some one asks this question,
I start  thinking

The matter  is not that ,
I do not want to tell my age.
But the matter is that  .
I want to  again live  passing .
By  every age  once  more,
And because of this  I am not  able to answer.

According  to me  the age ,
Is just a  number

Whenever I am sitting with children .
And watching  a  cartoon film with them,
I  become myself   of their age,
And  like  them I become  happy
And I also become of seven or eight years age

And whenever  I murmur  the words of a song.
Then I become a  lass

And when I  am sitting with adults and hear Gossips  ,
I also start   thinking like them

Possibly at one time ,
I want to live with different ages

What is the mistake in it?
At any time has anybody,
Asked  with  the brightness of sun .
Or  with light of the moon, its age?

Or again have   they asked the age,
Of the flow of the river which makes sound? 

Then why only with me?

Keep on changing is the law of nature.
And me also    with progress of time ,
Want to keep  on changing myself.

With today’s   account,
I am trying   to get adjusted

How many   years , I have passed.
What is the use of this  thinking?

How many years  more are left for me?
I want to live all that time. With complete  contentment

One day   all people have to take  leave from here,
That time   can come in one’s life, at any time

So why   should we not ,
Live every minute of  our life in a complete manner,
Why should we  not live , every age, once more.                                                    


Original Hindi poem

एक प्यारी कविता:

मैं उम्र बताना नहीं चाहती हूँ,

जब भी यह सवाल कोई पूछता है,*
मैं सोच में पड़ जाती हूँ,

बात यह नहीं, कि मैं,
उम्र बताना नहीं चाहती हूँ,
बात तो यह है, की,
मैं हर उम्र के पड़ाव को,
फिर से जीना चाहती हूँ,
इसलिए जबाब नहीं दे पाती हूँ,

मेरे हिसाब से तो उम्र,
बस एक संख्या ही है,


जब मैं बच्चो के साथ बैठ,
कार्टून फिल्म देखती हूँ,
उन्ही की, हम उम्र हो जाती हूँ,
उन्ही की तरह खुश होती हूँ,
मैं भी तब सात-आठ साल की होती हूँ,


और जब गाने की धुन में पैर थिरकाती हूँ,
तब मैं किशोरी बन जाती हूँ,


जब बड़ो के पास बैठ गप्पे सुनती हूँ,
उनकी ही तरह, सोचने लगती हूँ,

दरअसल मैं एकसाथ,
हर उम्र को जीना चाहती हूँ,

इसमें गलत ही क्या है?
क्या कभी किसी ने,
सूरज की रौशनी, या,
चाँद की चांदनी, से उम्र पूछी?
या फिर खल खल करती,
बहती नदी की धारा से उम्र पूछी?

फिर मुझसे ही क्यों?

बदलते रहना प्रकृति का नियम है,
मैं भी अपने आप को,
समय के साथ बदल रही हूँ,

आज के हिसाब से,
ढलने की कोशिश कर रही हूँ,

कितने साल की हो गयी मैं,
यह सोच कर क्या करना?

कितनी उम्र और बची है,
उसको जी भर जीना चाहती हूँ,
एकदिन सब को यहाँ से विदा लेना है,
वह पल, किसी के भी जीवन में,
कभी भी सकता है,

फिर क्यों हम,
हर पल को मुठ्ठी में, भर के जी ले,
हर उम्र को फिर से, एक बार जी ले..

No comments: