Monday, April 9, 2018

Do your duties to your parents , God would be with you


Do your duties  to your parents , God   would be  with you

By
P.R.Ramachander




(This is only a summary  of a story that I read in KUmudam BHakthi, called “Matha..Pithaa  -DEivam”  written by R.Rangarajan.I was simply shaken  and I want  you also read it,. My  sdeep sense of acknowledgementto the author    and Magazine  .)

Murugesan was  a  ordinary labourer ,
In a workshop dealing    with wood  in Chennai,
His  old father was unable   to walk  due to  old age,
And his mother  had lost  her eye sight  dor to retinal block

Daily  Murgesan   would get up   early morning   and help his parents,
To attend the morning chores, cook food for them  , give them bath,
Then salute   the picture of Lord  Muruga  in his room  for ten minutes , 
Entrust his parents to a neighour hood aunty and leave for his job.

Daily on his way he would give    a beggar woman   one rupee,
Attend his job sincerely  , Take permission from his boss ,
Rush back home  , clean   and feed his parents   , go back to his job,
And return back  home in the evening  and look after  his parents till next morning

Though he was devoted   to Lord Muruga , he never  found time,
To visit his temple  ny time  and on a festival eve  , he felt bad that he could not,
Go to the temple   and see God   and slept that day   with slight sorrow.
Next day when he went back to his job , one of his    family friend stopped him.

He    Told that , Murugesan was lucky because   he was standing,
Very near to God  on the festival day , Murugesan told him,
That he must have  been mistaken  but by that   day evening,
Several of his friends   , who knew him well  told the same thing.

That Day   after making his parents sleep  , he went near  the photo,
He saluted daily and asked , “Though I wanted to see  you,
I was not able to do it    but all these  people say   that  they  saw me,
And I am wondering   how this could   have happened   at all.”

After he slept , Lord  Muruga    came   in his dream   and asked him,
“Yesterday  in spite of the crowd  , you were   standing near me, are you happy?,
Murgesan  with tears  flowing in his eyes saluted the  lord and told him,
“Is it true  oh  my Lord?”  and Lord replied, “your wish is mine   too”

“Yesterday  I took you to my temple  , made you stand   near me  ,
And then I left you in your workshop “ ,and hearing those   words,
Murugesan   wept loudly  and asked  the lord , “How can it happen,
Except for standing   ten minutes  before your photo  , I have done nothing else

Lord Muruga told him, “During those ten minutes , you would be Thinking ,
Nothing else except me and I would be standing   out side your home  blessing you,
When you do service to your parents, I convert all of them as  service to me,
And the one rupee  that you give to the beggar  reaches my temple as your  daily offering

Murugesan opened his eyes  from sleep thanked   his God but slept quickly,
Because   there was a need   for him to serve  parents next day.



No comments: