Saturday, April 7, 2018

My acievements in field of computes in 1995-96


My acievements  in field of computes in 1995-96

BY
P.R.Ramachander







    I studied   to operate   computers  in ISI , Calcutta  in the year 1970. I joined the horticultural  Institute  at Bangalore  in the year  1975.Within a few  months  after my joining  our division was equipped   with a micro computer  in the year  1976. Our division  was the first  ICAR  institute  to prepare  pay bills  for all staff  using computers  in the year  1978. I prepared  software for doing  statistical interpretations  of  all data and all  experiments in that year WE kept on making  progress  and were forerunners   for  all  ICAR  institutes  outside  New Delhi.
  It was in the year 1992, in collaboration  with my friend   Dr.K.Srinivasan  , outside  USA  , I formulated  the  Cabbage  Expert  system 1,0  , which gave answers as   to how to identify  cabbage pests  and  based  on description of pests   and their damage.It was  internationally   and nationally as   the first  comprehensive application   of computers  to Horticulture  in India.Then I came up with a computer   guide for cultivation  of  Mushrooms   and grapes, which became very popular   as these cultivators were rich. It was at this time I realised   that  though method of cultivation for  various crops were  available  in different Institutions, it was  not available   at  to the cultivator   in a particular place  .I went round  the  horticultural research  institutions in  all the four southern states  , collected   the needed information  and fed it to the computer and this was supplied  to all those  who wanted it   and had computers.My  efforts attracted   the attention of the press  and I am attaching several coverages  about me .Please remember it was  twenty years  back, Today while searching my old papers I came across   these,

No comments: