Sunday, April 8, 2018

How can any one not miss such a wife?


The Great Tamil poet THiruvalluvar  was  fortunate  to have  Vasuki   as his wife. She never knew how to ask  “Why? , Whatfor?”  with  her husband .One day  she had to leave him  and attain God  and he    wrote    about  her:-

"அடியிற்கினியாளே அன்புடையாளே
படிசொல் தவறாத பாவாய்- அடிவருடி
பின்தூங்கி முன்னெழும்பும் பேதாய்-
இனிதா()ய் என் தூங்கும் என்கண் இரவு"

Meaning in Tamil by my friend  Sri Vasu Iyengar

அடியவனுக்கு இனியவளே! அன்புடையவளே!
என் சொல்படி நடக்கத் தவறாத பெண்ணே!
என் பாதங்களை வருடி தூங்கச் செய்தவளே!
பின் தூங்கி முன் எழுபவளே! பேதையே!
என் கண்கள் இனி எப்படித்தான் இரவில் தூங்கப் போகிறதோ!



Meaning  in English by me

Oh sweet heart mine, Oh darling who loves me,
Oh Lady who never  disobeyed me , who  massaged my feet  ,
Who slept later  but woke up earlier to me, On innocent one
How  ever will my eyes  get sleep at night?

    What a  great devotion to each other?

2 comments:

kannarayan said...

I am blessed to have a partner who is well described in this Kural.

Anonymous said...

Superb one, sir.

Excellent story, this should be thought to these days modern girls.
....sekar