Thursday, June 29, 2017

No charity in business and no business in charity

No charity  in business  and no business  in charity

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander




(This pretty meaningful story was posted by my friend  Hamsabai SAnthana Krishnan  in facebook today. My thanks to her)


My mother   was sitting near  the outer  door ,
Of my house   wanting   to buy  some leafy vegetable.
And a lady   carrying  several verities  of   leafy vegetable came ,
And my mother   chose   carefully   what she wanted.

When my mother  asked the price  the lady hawker  told “Five rupees a bundle”
And my mother  asked it for three  and said to her  , if the price is three  rupees,
Give  me four bundles, but the   hawker   did not agree  and started walking away,
And after a few steps   she returned back,  and said , “Ok Madam,  four rupees.”

My mother did not agree  but at the end the hawker gave it for three ,
And when  she was r trying  to keep  the basket  on her head , the hawker fell down,
And my mother  rushed  to help  and the  when asked   why? What happened?
She told my mother, “There was no food in my  home and I am starving  from morn.”

My mother asked her to wait  and came  with a plate  of six Idlis  and Chutney,
And made  her eat them and the  thankful hawker  with   eyes  filled with tears went away,
And I asked mother, “By bargaining  you got a profit of eight rupees  and this idli costs thirty rupees?”

And My mother  told me son,”No charity  in business   and no business  in my charity.”

No comments: