Tuesday, June 27, 2017

One who desires to become a Sanyasi, Will never become a sanyasi.

One who desires  to become a Sanyasi, Will never become a sanyasi.

By
P.R.Ramachander




(Based on stories    told by the great  Thenkachi Swaminathan   and  swami Ramakrishna  Paramahamsa.My grateful   acknowledgements to those great  human beings )

There was   one  old men who looked,
Like a  great devotee   , who was minding ,
A small   shop in front  of the temple, who used to say,
“I am desire less  and I want to forsake the world “

Once a sage   came   to that templw    and heard,
What the old  shop keeper was telling  and sae told him,
“If you want to forsake the world,  come with me.”
“Most of children are young  and once they ,
All grow up , Nothing would be better, I would come with you.”

The sage smiled   and went away   , came back   after many years,
And heard the old  shop keeper   tell the same  thing  and as before,
Invited him to accompany   him    but the  old shop  keeper replied,
“I have performed marriage of all my children,  And as soon as ,
I see my grand children, I would definitely come with you.

The sage smiled   and went away   , came back   after many years,
And heard the old  shop keeper   tell the same  thing  and as before,
Invited him to accompany   him    but the  old shop  keeper replied,
“ There  are several   civil cases  pending against the family,
And as soon as I win them, I would definitely come with you.”

The sage smiled   and went away   , came back   after many years,
And saw that   the  old man’s shop  was looked after by his sons,
And the sage asked, “where  is your father?”   and they replied,
“A few years back he died ,had he been alive now ,
He would have forsaken the world     and come with you.”

The smiling saint laughed  and told them,  that their father,
Was very much with them and called a dog   which was guarding ,
Their shop and asked the dog, “Are  you willing   to come with me?”
And the dog replied in human voice, “My children   are careless,
And so  I am guarding their shop, If only  they are responsible..”

The sage told    the sons , I will tell you  a very small story,
“A married lady used  to complain   to her husband  ,
That her brother  was daily threatening  to take Sanyasa.”
And her husband replied, “He will never take   and I would show you,
How it is done and then he tore of his cloths   wore a Kaupeena,
And told  his wife , “From today  you and all ladies like you are my mother”

And while going away , he told  his wife, “This is how to take sanyasa.”

No comments: